CHAPTER EIGHT

A date? With me? "What?" I asked trying to stay calm. Brandon moved closer to me. I raised my head to meet his eyes since he was taller than me.

"I said go.on.a.date.with.me." He said emphasizing every word. This has to be a joke. A prank maybe? "Haha. Very funny Brandon. Hand me my glasses now!" I demanded seriously but he just looked amused. "If you say yes, I'll happily give you your glasses." He said playing with my glasses with his right hand twirling them. "Fine. Keep them. I don't need them." I said not really meaning it because my vision is blurry.

"Well then you wouldn't mind reading the cover of that book over there." He said pointing at the book on the top shelf. "Uhmm...it's..it's.." I tried to read it but I didn't see a thing written on that book. I blame my height. Brandon then came behind me and put my glasses on. "Clarity is clear to see Agustin." He said smiling showing off his pure white teeth. "Whatever." I said rolling my eyes going back to my work station.

"I'll see you tonight. Don't be late." He said whispering in my ear. Haha jokes on you. I'll be watching Ice Age marathon tonight. Yeah I'm an adult but I love animated series with all my heart. What if dad... I mean Mr Franklin planned this and he wants an excuse to fire me? Yeah I'm not going.

Today Mr Franklin didn't bother me. He was busy with some 'important guests'. I mean his family. They look so happy together. His sons are twins and 2 years younger than me. He even laughs. I didn't know Gorillas can laugh. They only know how to throw tantrums. T-thrower. Haha that's pretty good. Tantrum thrower. I knocked off like a normal person today with normal work to do when I get home. I finished my mini paperwork, took a shower and wore my unicorn onesie with matching slippers. I switched on the TV and held my popcorn bowl between my legs. My phone suddenly rang. I groaned and answered it. "Hello?"
"Uhh Lindz."
"Casey! It's been a week since I talked to you. Where have you been?" I asked and Casey laughed.
"I'm sorry. I'm in Australia." Casey said and I paused the movie to speak to her without distractions.
"What are you doing in Australia?" I asked her putting my popcorn bowl on the coffee table.
"It's a long story I'll tell you when I come back." She laughed. It must be good news then.
"So when are you coming back?" I asked out of curiosity.
"Uhmm. Maybe in three months." She said and I felt kind of sad to live my life without my best friend.

"Uhh. Okay. See you then. Don't forget to call." I said and Casey laughed.
"Right I'll call you. Bye now." We said our goodbyes and she hung up the phone.

I hit the play button and the movie continued. My door bell rang and I groaned and went to open the door. Will I ever find peace watching this marathon? "Oh hey." I said meeting a pissed off Brandon.
"Seriously? A unicorn onesie?" Brandon said annoyed. I looked at him with curiosity. "Is there a problem?" I asked putting my hands on my hips. Brandon pushed me aside. "Did you really ditch our date for Ice Age marathon?" Brandon asked seeing the movie on screen. Uhh duh. "I had plans tonight. And that is my plans." I said motioning to the TV screen.

"Well it Was your plan tonight but not anymore." Brandon said switching off the TV. He then scanned my apartment and went towards my bedroom. "Hey!" I ran after him. I got to the door first and I blocked the door. He then picked me up like I was a new born baby and placed me aside. Am I that lightweight? Or maybe he goes to the gym. "This.. is what you'll wear tonight." He said throwing a black dress out of my closet to the bed. "I'm not going anywhere." I mumbled pouting. "Yes you are." He replied.

"Make me." I said folding my arms on my chest. Brandon scoffed. "You know. I'm doing this for you." He said making me look at him confused.

"You're getting married in three months." He said and I laughed at him. When I saw that he's serious, I started to get worried.

Huh?