CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN

Linda's POV

Oh. My head!

I took a quick shower but it didn't help me with the headache. I sighed and went downstairs to the kitchen.

What the...

"What are you doing here?" I asked my voice laced in anger.

"I came to see if you're okay but then I found broken glasses and plates, so I decided to clean up." I rolled my eyes.

"I made breakfast. You need some..."

"Can you just stop it!? Daniel, I don't want you here. I don't need you. I don't need anyone here!" I yelled grabbing a glass of water.

"I know you're angry and hurt because of what I've said okay?" Daniel said calmly causing me to scoff.

"I was angry okay? I was not in my right state of mind. I'm sorry." He said calmly.

"You were so mean Daniel." I whispered, tears gathered in my eyes.

"I know and I'm sorry." He hugged me tight and I placed my head on his chest wrapping my arms around his waist.

We stood like that for a few minutes until he pulled away.

"Let's have breakfast." He said and for the first time in months, I was glad that I'm back home.
..................

"Despite the circumstances, it was really nice in Africa you know." I said drinking juice because I still had no appetite.

"Really? Do you want to move there permanently?" Daniel asked causing me to freeze.

I never thought about that. I had enough of this place but it's still my home. I was happy there...

"Yes." That's all I say and I watched as Daniel's jaw clenching.

There was a knock on the door and I ran towards it. I wanted to avoid the awkwardness between Daniel and I.

I opened the door and oh boy I wish I didn't.

"So, you're alive." I rolled my eyes.

"As you can see."

"So you rose from the dead huh?" I rolled my eyes again.

"What do you guys want?"

"No no. Ava and I wanted to see for ourselves you know..." Alexa, Ava's friend said.

"Yeah. I'm just glad you're alive so I can personally give you this." Ava handed me a pamphlet.

"What's this?"

"Since you've been dead for so long and forgot how to read, let me explain it to you." Ava said with a mock on her face.

Mind you they were still standing at the front porch.

"It's a baby shower invite dummy. Brandon and I are having a baby." My eyes widened not believing what I've heard.

"Oops. She didn't know." Alexa faked gasped placing her hand on her chest.

"Anyways... We gotta go distribute these invites. See ya." Ava said leaving me in disbelief.

"Who was at the door?"

"Ava. Brandon's wife." I spat.

"They invited me to their baby shower."

"What? She's pregnant?" Daniel asked and I nodded.

"I guess she got the happily ever after she wanted. While some of us are just depressed." I sighed throwing myself on the couch laying down on my back.

"Do you remember when Nathan dumped you?" Daniel asked.

I sat straight to look at Daniel who folded his arms on his chest. Sexy.

"Wow. Thanks a lot Daniel for reminding me of the worst day of my life." I said sarcastically causing Daniel to laugh.

Double Sexy.
What is wrong with me?

"What did Casey and I tell you?" He asked and I tried to remember what they said back then.

"That there's someone out hotter and better than him." I laughed at the thought.

He nodded.

"Do you think there's someone out there for me?" I asked unsure of what Daniel is trying to tell me.

"No." Wow thanks a lot Daniel.

"Wow. That helps a lot." I said sarcastically.

"What I'm trying to say is that..."

"That I'll probably die alone with no one by my side." I said sadly interrupting him from whatever he was trying to say.

He sighed and leaned closer. What's happening?

He kissed me on my cheek. I closed my eyes to savour the moment.

"I'll see you later. I'm going to the gym." He whispered in my ear causing my whole body to be infested with goosebumps.

What just happened!?

I'm still grateful for the support guys thank you. Especially @lisangasa always being the first to vote. 😘😘