CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Linda's POV

"Dad cannot do this! This isn't fair." I screamed.

"Why don't you just resign Linda?"

"Mom. Not you too." I said.

"I'm going to his office today. I'll make sure I give him a piece of my mind." I said putting a bowl in the sink.

"Just be careful."

"There's nothing to worry about. Anyway, let's forget about that Gorilla. I bought a house!" I said and mom hugged me tight.

"Sweetie. Congratulations."

"Thanks. That house is so huge it can occupy twenty guests." I explained and mom smiled proudly at me.

"Look how grown you are." Mom said wiping a fake tear on her face.

"Thank you. I want you to move in with me." I really hope she agrees.

"Sweetie. I would love to but... What about my work?"

"I'm sure you can find a job that needs less traveling mom." I tried to reason with her.

"You know how I love tourism honey."

"I know but..." She gave me her famous fiery glare shutting me up.

"Don't worry. I'll come and visit you." She kissed my forehead.

"Fine." I mumbled.

"Twice a week?" I pouted.
"Twice a week." She assured me. I gave her a hug.

"Let's go sit down. Doctor Pimple popper is starting soon." I laughed and followed her to the couch.
....................................

"Wait... The company is closed today isn't?" Casey asked.

"It is but dad is always in his office. Even on public holidays." I said tying up my shoelaces.

"Okay then. I'll call you later."

"Okay bye Casey." She blew a kiss on the phone. Man. I'm so lucky to have a friend like that. She's a party animal yes but she's my best friend. Haha.

I got into my car to face that Gorilla. It was indeed empty. As I was heading to dad's office, I heard voices.

It was like they were arguing.

"Listen here. That is my territory!" The man yelled.

"I don't care. I get what I want." Dad stated calmly. Well. That's him alright.

I peeked inside the office.

Dad was sitting on his chair while the other man was standing.

After some time dad stood up. "I don't deal with betrayers. I kill betrayers." Dad said and that sent a chill down my spine.

It was just a figure of speech right? What kind of figure of speech is that? I argued with myself.

"Do you know what I did to my twin brother?" Dad asked the man. He has a twin brother?

"I found him with my wife, I forgave him but when I found out that she was pregnant, I went crazy. She was pregnant with his child!" He yelled at the man.

Which wife is he talking about? His wife cheated on him.

"So you decided to kill your brother?" The man asked. Dad laughed darkly.

Why am I still standing here? Go!
But I couldn't move.

"I did more than that. I placed him inside the cold room and he froze to death. After that I buried him in my garden." Dad said.

I covered my mouth with my hand. He's a murderer. A cold hearted murderer. He killed his twin brother in cold blood.

He buried him in the garden I always go to when I was sad! A tear rolled from my eyes.

Dad then took out his gun and shot the man.

He had an evil smile on his face. I was scared. If he's capable of doing this then....

I have to get out of here.

"Who's there?" Dad asked and I moved in slow motion to get away from him.

He moved closer. I ran and got into Brandon's office and hid into his small library.

I saw his shadow pass just outside Brandon's office. After a few hours I heard his car leaving the building.

I got out of Brandon's office and went to the emergency door and went out.

I can't believe it. Dad killed his own brother. His twin! And that poor man.

What have I gotten myself into?

Oh-oh. You're in trouble now. Linda. Don't forget to vote

Xoxo
BG