CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT

Linda's POV

The door bell rang disturbing me from my sleep. I groaned walking towards the door.

"Can I help you?" I asked in a bored tone. It's late. Who could it be?

"Yeah. You can start explaining how and why did you fake your death!?" Brandon yelled throwing his hands up in the air.

"My life was in danger and it was the only way to save it."

"Why didn't you tell me? Don't you trust me?" He asked and I almost... almost felt guilty.

"My own mother didn't know about all of this. What makes you think you are special to know what is going on in my life!"

"I was your boyfriend! I deserved to know what was happening!" He yelled.

"Was! You didn't take long to move on huh! A week, Brandon! A week was all it took for you to replace me!" I yelled back and he went quite.

"Congratulations by the way. I would love to come to that baby shower but I'll be busy." I folded my arms.

"What baby shower?"

"Don't play dumb with me. Ava and that bimbo of hers came here to give me an invite to the baby shower." I pointed at him accusingly.

"Listen I..."

"What is going on here?" Daniel asked and I couldn't be happier to see him now.

"Brandon was just leaving."

"No. I wasn't. Look..."

"Leave. Go to your wife and unborn child they need your attention more than anything else."  It hurts but there's nothing I could do or say.

"Delete my number Brandon. I don't want to see you ever again." I said lowly and I could see how hurt Brandon was.

Brandon looked at me for a few seconds.

"Fine. Goodbye Linda."

"Goodbye Brandon."

I wiped the tear that was about to roll on my cheek.
"Hi." I greeted Daniel who just stood there and watch the whole thing.

"Hey. I bought pizza and..." He took out a bottle of wine. My favorite.

"Come inside."
.................................

"I missed again." I groaned.
Daniel laughed.

He went behind me to position  my hands towards the target. Whooo... Is it getting hot in here?

I shot the target with my arrow thanks to Daniel.

"I did it." Again thanks to Daniel.

"You did." I turned around and I was dangerously close to Daniel's face.

His eyes landed on my lips and I involuntarily licked them.

"Here's your teddy bear."

"Oh thanks." I smiled taking the teddy bear prize from the old man.

"Cute." Daniel said and I held the teddy bear higher.

"It is. I mean look at that tail."

"I meant you're cute." What? Oh my. Ooh my.

"Uhh.." I didn't know what to say so I just hugged my teddy bear tight.

"Linda."

"Yeah?"
Daniel took a deep breath before he could talk.

"I... Ah. This is so hard." He sighed loudly clearly frustrated.

"What is it? Daniel? Talk to me."

He held me by my waist and hugged me.

"I think I'm in love with you." Wait. What?

I was speechless. How do you respond to that?
"I.. I.. Wow. I mean..." I stuttered.

"Linda, I.. how can I say this? I really..." I interrupted him with a kiss. I mean your crush just admitted to crush on me too... So why not make the best out of it?

I broke the kiss and looked at him in the eyes.
"So? What took you so long to confess?" I laughed awkwardly.

"Well... Blame your best friend."
"Why?" I asked curiously.

"She said you only see me as a brother. That really bruised my ego so yeah." He laughed kissing my cheek.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I've waited years and dreamt about this moment for years.

"Uhhh... I don't know."

"I understand." He said disappointment laced in his tone.

I smiled at him.
"You're so easy to tease. Yes. I'll be your girlfriend." I rolled my eyes still having the biggest smile on my face.

Daniel's eyes shone with amusement.
"I want us to go somewhere."

"Where?" I asked curiously.

"Ava's baby shower."

What!? Nah ..

I'm not going there.