CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Brandon's POV

Last night was fun. Hanging out with Linda and her mom was a breath of fresh air. I promised Ava that I will take her out today.

My phone rang and it was mom.
"Hey mom." I responded.
"Brandon where have you disappeared to these days?"

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"I... You know what, nevermind." Mom hung up on me before I could ask any questions. What was that. I then called Ava .

"Hey babe." Ava responded.
I chuckled softly.
"Hey. Look I want you to meet someone." Ava kept quiet for a few seconds.

"Oh-kay. Who is it?"
"You'll see when you meet her."
"Alright. See you later." I disconnected the call. I went to work today. I guess that's why mom was acting weird.

When I got to work and the first person I saw was Linda. She was staring at her laptop without her glasses. I went to her desk and slammed her laptop shut. "What's wrong with you!?" She screamed.

"The doctor said you should limit your time on the laptop or bright screens." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious Linda. Your eyes are red already."
"They are?" She asked her eyes wide.

"Yes. Anyway I...."
"Hey babe." Ava yelled and gave me a kiss on my cheek. Linda looked very shocked and disgusted at the same time.

"Hey." I greeted her back.
"This is Linda Craig, the person I wanted you to meet." I said and Ava smiled and held out her hand for Linda to shake.

"Nice to meet you Linda." Ava said putting her hand down because Linda didn't shake her hand. "Stop pretending Ava Bridget Rudolph." Linda said and went back to her desk.

I was really surprised with Linda's attitude. "Oh my." I heard Ava say. I was really disappointed at Linda's attitude towards my best friend.

"Come on. Let's go." I said and Ava linked her arm with mine. I can't stop thinking about Linda's behavior towards Ava. It was cold and unlike her. I have to get to the bottom of this.

Linda's POV

Ahhh! The nerve of that girl. Brandon had to become friends with my worst enemy. Well dad is my worst enemy but you get the idea.

I went home and I took a glass and a bottle of wine and watched Doctor Pimple popper. Brandon called me multiple times but I didn't answer. "What did the poor boy do?" Mom asked and I sipped my wine before I answered her.

"He's friends with Ava." I said pouring wine in my mom's glass.
"Which Ava?" I shook my head in annoyance.

"Ohh. That Ava." My mom whispered. We sat in comfortable silence.
"Don't you have work tomorrow?" Mom asked taking the bottle of wine away from me.
"I do. By the way dad said he'll send the money tomorrow."

"Oh that's great! This means you can go ahead with the surgery." Mom said hugging me so tight.
I still don't know how mom convinced dad to pay for my surgery.

"I should probably go to sleep now." I stood up and stretched out my arms.

"Good night sweetie. And by the way, you should talk to Brandon. You can't avoid him forever."

"Good night mom." I said heading to my room. I checked my phone. 15 missed calls from Brandon.

I took my pillow and screamed in it. After my screaming tournament I finally went to sleep. This is so messed up.