CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

Linda's POV

Today is Casey's funeral.
Brandon came to sit next to me. I didn't have the strength to fight today.

We were at the cemetery. My body just went numb. I spent so many nights crying myself to sleep, to a point where my eyes can't produce tears anymore.

"Dust to dust, Ashes to ashes." The pastor said.

Everyone then went to pour soil on Casey's grave. I took a bit of soil from the shovel to pour it inside her grave.

"LA. Let go." I shook my head no. I can't.

"Linda. Sweetie." Mom said holding my shoulder.

"Mom, she can't be gone! She can't!" I cried kneeling next to Casey's grave.

"Linda please." Brandon begged. I won't see her again. She's gone.

I then poured the soil inside her grave. I let out a loud cry I never thought I held.

Daniel, mom, Brandon and Casey's Parents made a group hug and hugged me.

At the corner of my eye I saw Gorilla grinning. What is he doing here!?

Brandon's POV

It broke my head to see Linda cry like that. She really did love her best friend.

"This is just sad." Ava said sarcastically.

"What are you doing here!?" I whispered yelled at her.

"It's a funeral Brandon. We don't have to do this here. Oh look your girlfriend is coming." My head snapped at the direction Ava was pointing.

I was preparing for the worst. But surprisingly she just passed us.

Daniel was following her like a little puppy.

I hate this dude.

"Well that was a show." Ava said making me roll My eyes.

How do I fix this?

I have no choice.
"Linda!" I yelled but she ignored me.

"Linda!" I yelled again. This time she turned to face me.

"What do you want?"

"Can I talk to you? In private?" I asked and she nodded for Daniel to leave.

"Speak."

"Look, what happened at the house was not what it seemed like. Ava kind of forced herself on me. She wanted to seduce me. I didn't do anything with her I swear." I held her hands at the end of my explanation.

"Look. I forgive you okay. I have bigger things to worry about so..." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Really?" I asked not sure if she meant that.

"I know how Ava can be okay? I'm just glad you were getting rid of her." She laughed.

"We're cool right?" I asked and she nodded.

"You said you have bigger things to worry about? What are those things?"

"Casey's accident was not an accident. The brakes were tampered." She said and my eyes widened.

"WHAT!?"

"Is everything okay here?" Daniel asked and I internally rolled my eyes. What's up with this dude.

"Daniel. I told him everything."

"What? Why?" He asked.

"He can track the number for us." She tried to convince him.

"I can too. But fine. We'll work together." He finally said but I didn't miss the annoyance in his voice.

"Group hug?"

"No." Daniel and I responded simultaneously.

"Fine. I just want to know who did this and why." She sighed.

"We will find them LA."

"Okay let's get to work then." She smiled.

Everything was back to normal. I think. I have my girlfriend back.

I couldn't be happier. I need to convince mom and dad to accept Linda as my girlfriend.

Guyysss!!!. I'm so excited about the coming chapters.

Thanks again for reading my book. I really appreciate it. Xoxo.