CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Brandon's POV

"Hey babe."
I my smile towards Ava. I hated being called babe but if that person is Ava, I don't mind. She's my best friend after all.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with a smile.
"Can't I just come visit my best friend at work?" I laughed at her.
"Well. I would love to chit chat but I have lots of paperwork to submit." I said giving her a hug.

"No problem. I'll come back tomorrow." She hugged me again and left. I am really lucky to have Ava as my best friend. We've been best friends since we were 10. Even though my parents moved to California our friendship never faded. Speaking of Friendship. Let me check her.

"Hello?"
"Hi Linda. How are you?"
"Good good. I just finished bathing." Something about her voice seemed off.
"So did you check your results from the doctor?" She went silent.

"Uhh no. I'll check them first thing tomorrow morning."
"You want me to come with you?" I really wanted to support her.

"No thanks. I'll be going with mom." I was a little disappointed.
"Oh okay."

"Brandon?"
"Yeah?"
"Thank you. For your support. Thanks."

"No problem. You're my friend." She giggled and I won't lie it was melodious.
"Okay friend. We'll talk later. Mom says no phones on the table." She said and I laughed. She then disconnected the call. I smiled.

"Looks like someone is in love." Mom said from behind me and I nearly jumped.
"Mom! Don't do that." My mom laughed.

"You know.... This issue of Linda is sad." She said and I nodded.
"She is a hard worker and it really shows on our ratings." Business. That's all my parents care about.
I just nodded.

"It's getting late. Let's go home. You're having dinner with us tonight." I laughed and took my bag.

Linda's POV

"Linda wake up we'll be late." I woke up groaning.
What the.....
"Mom! What are you wearing?"
"You can see?" Wait. I can see. I can see.

"Yes! And please change that dress. It's... Too revealing." I said looking at myself on the mirror. I can't believe it.

"What? I want a man you know. To make me feel young and stretch my....."

"Mom! Too much information!"
Mom laughed and I went to the shower. It felt so good to see again. I just hope the doctors can fix this. I'm not ready to be blind again. I showered and got dressed.
Mom decided to drive today. I have to tighten my seatbelt.
"Mom. Am I really dad's daughter?" I asked and my mom hit the brakes and I nearly crashed on the dashboard.

"Sorry," She cleared her throat before continuing. "Of course, what makes you think otherwise?"

Well, dad treats me like dirt...
"I'm just wondering." I shrugged my shoulders.
There was awkward silence in the car.
We got to the hospital and went to the receptionist.

"Good morning. Do you have an appointment?" The lady from the reception asked.

"Yes. Linda Agustin Craig." I honestly hate my second name. I don't know what mom was thinking.
"Oh yes. The doctor will be with you in a minute. Wait for him in the room on the left." I nodded.

We got to the consulting room. I fixed my glasses and rubbed my thighs with my hands.
"Linda! Stop that." Mom ordered. I felt like I was a 5 year old being told not to touch anything at a supermarket.
"I can't. I'm nervous." Right on cue the doctor came inside.

"Good morning."
"Morning Doc." My mom and I said simultaneously.

"The results are back and...."
Here it comes.
"The results show that you have Retinoblastoma." What. What is that. Doctors really should speak human language.

"Uhh what is that?" I asked.
"That's a rare eye disease and it can or may cause permanent blindness."

"Linda? Linda. Are you okay?"
The doctor asked. I shook my head.

"Doc.. is it curable?"
"Of course."

That's a relief.
"We also found that you don't have a medical aid." I nodded.
"The specialist I'm referring you to will cost you approximately 200 000 dollars."

"What!" Mom and I screamed simultaneously. That's it. It's over.

That is all for now. I want to write a Mafia inspired book but I have no idea where I'm going to start. Any ideas?