CHAPTER FOURTEEN

" We don't have that kind of money." Mom said and I nodded.

"It's okay. For now we could continue giving her antibiotics to slow down the rate so that it doesn't cause lethal damage."

"Okay thank you doc." I said shaking his hand.

When we got into the car. I heard mom sigh. "It's Okay mom. I'll make a plan."
"No. We will make a plan." I nearly cried.

"Thanks." I smiled at mom.
"Look who's here." I stretched out my neck to see who she's talking about. Brandon.

"Wait. He doesn't know you can see now." Mom said and I raised a my eyebrow.
"Sooo?"
"Huh. You have so much to learn."

"Whatever mom." I walked out of the car and before I closed the door Brandon ran and held my hand. "What are you doing?" He asked. What?

"I told her but she said she knows her way around here. And who am I to say anything." Mom said dramatically.
"Wait I can s..." Brandon interrupted me by putting his hand on my waist directing me into the house.
Poor Brandon. He fell for mom's tricks.

We got into the house and he made me sit on the couch. "I'll be sleeping here today." Dang that's hot.
"That is great. I'll be able to go and get some errands done."
Wow really mom?

"Are you hungry? I can get us some lunch."

"Yeah of course."
"Okay. Linda I'm leaving now!" Mom screamed.

"Okay bye."

"I got us some movies to watch."
"What are we watching?"
"Titanic. Are you familiar with it?"

I watched Titanic only once and I was unable to finish it because I kept crying.
"Mhmm. Yes.. but I didn't finish it."

"We'll watch it then. I made some popcorns." I looked at Brandon and he has taken off his shirt. Ohh those abs. Hold it. Hold it.
"Brandon I have to tell you something."

"Ohh I forgot. I'm your narrator."
Will this guy listen for once. And someone tell him to put on a shirt.
After some time of watching the movie. Brandon narrated everything for me. Shame.
I found my hand on Brandon's chest. Just feel them. No. Temptations get off my mind. I'm going crazy.

Brandon's POV

Linda placed her hand on my chest and my heart skipped. I wish I could tell her how I feel. I know she thinks I met her at the party but I knew her when I was 16.

Flashback:
"Dude come on let's just skip it."
"Dude it's Eva's first concert. I can't leave."

"Come on. Pick a girl and vibe." Issac said.
"Okay fine. How about her." I pointed at a girl with glasses on and a huge afro. It looked good on her.
"Dude. She's off limits."
"Why?" I asked curiously.
"I heard that her father doesn't allow her to have a boyfriend." Issac said.

"Well. I want her."

End of flashback.

When I saw her at the party, she was still the same girl. I looked at her and she was fast asleep. Her leg was on top of my thigh. Her hand was now on my stomach. Pity she can't see. I stroked her cheek. "One day." I kissed her forehead and pulled a blanket over us and cuddled.

My phone rang almost waking up Linda.
"Hello?"
"Brandon where are you? We were supposed to have lunch together today." Ava said. I completely forgot.

"I'm sorry. I'm kind of busy at the moment. Next time?"
She sighed before she answered.
"Fine. Next time." She hung up on me before I could say anything. "Okay."
I checked the time it was noon. "How long have we slept." I slowly took Linda's leg off my thigh and left to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Linda's phone buzzed. I didn't want to intrude but I couldn't help it. I picked her phone up and went through her messages. Ms Craig please note that the specialist have gone through your reports and an amount of 150 000  dollars will be needed for your surgery.

What.