CHAPTER THREE

I was woken up by my 4am alarm. I groaned and switched it off. I got into the shower and did my morning routine. I then got into my car and drove to work. My phone rang disturbing me from listening to The Weeknd. "Hello?" I answered my phone. "Girl are you crazy!" Casey screamed so loud I flinched "What are you taking about?" I asked fixing my glasses. "The guy you slapped last night he's...." I interrupted Casey before she could finish what she was saying. " Look, I'm not the kind of girl who goes around slapping random guys but he started it. He was rude, I needed to teach him a lesson."I took a deep breath. I heard Casey sigh. "Linda, do you remember that internship you applied for last month?" She asked and I hummed in response. "His parents are the founders of JST WRITINGS." My eyes widened in horror. I dropped the phone on my lap. "Lindz you still there?" Casey asked. My life is ruined. All ruined just when I thought everything was going well."No. I'm not. I'm sure he already told his parents that they must just throw away my application to the pigs." I said talking while taking deep breaths.

"Calm down crazy. I'm sure he even forgot that he was slapped last night. He doesn't even know your name, how will he tell his parents to disqualify your application?" Casey stated. She's right. Come to think of it, it was dark at the party and the disco lights were not that bright."Okay. Look I gotta go. You coming today?" I asked. When she replied no, I wasn't that surprised. I hung up and went into the office. I felt better when Casey said he doesn't even remember getting slapped last night. What if he does remember? I pushed that thought as far as I can and started working on my laptop. It was mostly edition of articles so..... "I thought you weren't coming to work today." Lydia said laughing. I shook my head and smiled."Well....Change of plans." My smile dropped when I saw Ava Rudolph going to Will's office. I hate that girl with every fibre of my being. If hating her was a job I wouldn't need to work hard for my money. It all started at high school when she took Nathan away from me. I glared at her but she was too busy taking photos to even care about someone glaring at her. I even took off my glasses to glare at her in disgust. Lydia noticed and told me to pretend she doesn't exist. Huh! That would've been a happy world.

I was staring at my laptop when Ava closed it. I rolled my eyes at her. " Uhg...Grow up Ava."That made her angry because her face went red in anger. "How about you glow up that dull face of yours? " She said and I heard Alexa laughing. "Come on. Let's go." She finally said to Alexa after I opened my laptop ignoring her presence. "I wonder what happened to the fighting girl." I raised my head to see who was talking and he didn't look familiar at all. "Excuse me?" I asked him. "Do I know you?" I asked seeing that he was distracted by my flower plant. "Oh! Where are my manners? My name is Brandon Johnson. The guy you slapped last night." He said and my eyes widened and my mouth was opened wide."Ho...How did you know where I work?" I finally found my voice to talk.

"I know a lot about you Linda Agustin Craig." He said leaning on my table and smirked. This can't be good.