CHAPTER TWENTY

Brandon's POV

"Hey." Ava greeted giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi." I closed my laptop giving her my full attention.

"I'm so excited. When your mom said I should go with you in Italy..." I interrupted Ava.

"What did you just say?" I asked.
"Your mom said I should accompany you to Paris. To your business trip." She said in a duh tone.

Right. How can I tell her? Wait, this could be fun. My best friend and my colleague and friend together. This might be the perfect trip for them to bond.

"Okay. Pack your things then. We're leaving tomorrow." I said and Ava jumped in excitement. I love seeing her happy. "I gotta go. Alexa is waiting. See ya."

I have to tell Linda that Ava will be joining us.

"Hey."
"Hi.." Linda took off her glasses and wiped them before looking back at me. She's so cute.

"Look. I want to tell you something."
She nodded motioning for me to continue.
"Ava will be joining us on our trip." I said and she took a deep breath.

"Which Ava?"
"Ava Rudolph." I said and she fixed her glasses.
"I'm not coming." Why does she hate Ava this much?

"Please? You'll get to know her better. She's a kind person." I tried to convince her and she scoffed.

"A kind person you say." She repeated sarcastically rolling her eyes.

"Please?" I walked towards her kissing her cheeks. Her cheeks are so soft.

She giggled. "Fine."

"This is going to be awesome." I'm so excited about this trip.

"It's a business trip. Don't forget that." Linda said putting her hand on my chest to push me away. I smirked.
.........................................................

"Okay let's go pick up Linda."
"I can't wait to know her better." Ava said excitedly.

We got to Linda's building. We knocked and Linda's mom opened.
"Hello Ms Craig. We came to pick up Linda." I stated and Linda's mom glared at Ava.

"Linda!"
"Coming."
Linda came dragging a huge bag.

"Wow! That's a huge bag." I said and Ava laughed but Linda didn't even smile. Oh.. Okay.
...............................................

"So where will we stay?" Linda asked after being silent the whole time in the car.

"Oh, my mom booked a two bedroom apartment. I hope we can make a suitable arrangement for all of us." I stated parking my car at the apartments's parking lot.

"Oh. It's fine. I mean Brandon and I used to share everything growing up so... We'll share the bedroom." Ava said with a huge smile on her face.

Linda just looked outside the window shaking her head sideways.

"So here we are." I said and Ava ran to the bedroom.

"This is huge!" Ava screamed. I smiled at her enthusiasm. Linda was really quiet. When Ava was still inspecting the apartment I got a chance to speak to Linda.

"Are you okay? You've been quite." She didn't answer.

After some time she sighed.
"I'm fine." She said walking away from me. She went to the balcony and stared at the scenery in front of her. A park filled with trees and colorful flowers, no wonder she's mesmerized by this.

"No you're not."
"You wanna know why I'm not fine?" She asked and I nodded.

"Her." She pointed at Ava who was still exploring the apartment.

"What did Ava do to you? Why do you hate her so much?" I asked and when she was about to answer me, Ava approached us.

"Isn't this amazing?" Ava asked and Linda rolled her eyes walking away.

"Oh-kay. What's her problem." Ava asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

I need to get to the bottom of this. I'm going to find out.