CHAPTER FOURTY NINE

Brandon's POV

"Did you have to invite her?"
"I had to. She has to get over you and move on."
"It's her birthday today I don't think she'll come. She may have plans."

"You Even remember her birthday?"Ava whined like a little baby.

"Are you even pregnant?" I asked out of the blue and that made Ava slap me.

"Of course I am! I'm your wife and the mother of your unborn child!" She yelled throwing her hands up in the air.

"I have better things to do. I'm gonna call Lexy to arrange tonight's baby shower." I rolled my eyes and walked towards my bedroom.

"You better be there Brandon." She yelled behind me.

I missed Linda. Her smile, her dark brown eyes. And now she wants nothing to do with me. I don't blame her, I mean who marries someone a week after their girlfriend's funeral?

I landed her straight into that Daniel guy's arms.

Is it too late to get her back? Of course it is. Ava is pregnant. I'm married now.

Uh... Linda.

Why did I agree to marry Ava?
I have to move on. I have... No.. I need to let go of Linda.

Linda's POV

"No. I'm not going there." I raised my chin up with my arms folded up my chest.

"Please?" He pouted and this has to be the cutest hottest thing I've seen. Well except him.

"Why are you insisting on going there?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Because... There's going to be drama tonight. And I would love for you to be there." He kissed my nose.

"What drama?"

"Let's just say a little Birdy told me that Brandon's ex high school sweetheart will be there anddd... Ava's baby daddy is gonna be there too. Do you want to miss out on the drama?"

I hate Daniel now. Not really.

He knows how much I love drama but I'm too close to it. I still have some feelings for Brandon. I just can't switch them off.

"No. I don't want to miss out. Okay let's go."

.........................

"Wow this is pretty." I whispered to myself but Daniel heard me because he chuckled.

"Oh. Linda and...."

"Daniel."

"Welcome Linda. I thought you wouldn't come considering that you and Brandon had a fling going on." Ava said with a fake smile on her face. I returned her fake smile back.

"We bought some presents. For the baby of course." I said still wearing the fake smile on my face.

"Oh. Put them there on the table. Have fun."

"Oh, we will." Daniel said kissing the top of my head.

"Right babe?" He said shocking me.

"Of course." He tilted my face sideways and kissed me. A deep kiss.

Suddenly someone cleared their throat.
"Hey Linda. I want to say Hap..."

Oh I forgot Ava was still here with Brandon behind her.

Okay, this was not how I wanted to announce my new relationship.

Daniel interrupted Brandon before he could finish his sentence.
"Excuse us." Daniel pulled me towards a spot under the stairs.

"What are you doing?"
"I'm not doing anything." He defended himself.

"You kissing me in public like that! And pulling me away from there seriously?"

"Oh. That. But you liked that didn't you?" He said in a low tone that made my insides turn.

"No. I didn't like that." I pouted.

"Really?" He asked and I nodded.

He leaned closer to capture my lips in his. Damn this feels amazing.

He broke the kiss and I must admit that I was disappointed.

"Still mad?"
"No." I kissed him back but this time it was a quick peck on the lips.

"What are you gonna tell him?" Ava whispered with Alexa.

Daniel placed his index finger on my lips.

"I don't know Lexy. I can tell him that I lost the baby." What!?

"Let's just cross the bridge when we get there okay." Ava said still whispering. They walked towards some guests pretending like they never discussed anything.

"What the heck?" I mumbled.
Daniel smiled placing his lips on mine.

"We gotta go back to the baby shower before we do something else." He winked making me blush.

Oh boy.