CHAPTER TWELVE

Great. Just great.

"Mom can you come over?"
"Of course honey. Give 30 minutes."
"Mom please don't speed." My mom is a little bit of crazy driver. Before you get into her car you need to tighten your seatbelt.

"Whatever."
She disconnected the call before I could make a comeback.

I heard Brandon laugh. "What are you laughing at?"
"You're just like her."
"What! Whatever." I said and we continued to watch the movie. Well he watched it and told me what's happening. Minutes later my mom screamed at the door.

"Who is this!" Mom screamed. I covered my ears. Her voice was so loud! "Mom. Relax this is Brandon Johnson my friend. Brandon this is my mom." I don't even know which direction they were at. That's just sad.
"Hello Mrs Craig." Brandon greeted.
"It's Ms Craig." My mom said with sass and I imagined her crossing her arms on her chest.
"Anyway. What do you need? Are you hungry?"
"Brandon already made food for me. Mom can we talk in private?"

"I need to get some paperwork anyway. I'll see you later." Brandon then kissed my forehead before living. I blushed.
"Ohh wow. What a good boy."
"Mom please."
"Okay. Tell me what do you want to talk about?"
"I need your help."
"I'm listening."
"Can you run a bath for me please?" I said in embarrassment.

"Okay."
"Really?" I asked tearing up.
"Honey. You're my baby. No matter how old you are, as long as I'm here, I'll take care of you. Remember you are..."
"My mother's daughter." I finished her sentence. She used to encourage me when I felt down.

My mom prepared a bath for me and monitored me. We talked while I was bathing. After a while she picked my clothes.
"Mom are these shorts?"
"Yes honey. You need to up your game with that boy." Oh no. Oh no no no. She got it all wrong.

"Mom. We're not dating."
"Yet..."
"Mom!"
"Don't act blind Linda. I can see he likes you." Oh wow.
"Mom. I am blind."
"Oh.... Sorry I forgot." We both laughed.

My mom is my best friend. We share anything and everything.
After she combed my hair. It reminded me when I was just 6 years old.
"So dad decided to cancel my medical aid when I need it most."
"He did." I heard my mom sigh.

"Can you hand me my phone?"
"Okay."
"I want to call dad."
"I can't find his contact." Oh this is humiliating. But I know mom won't mind.

"I saved him as 'Gorilla'." I whispered and my mom slapped my shoulder with a towel.
"Linda!" She yelled but I could hear her holding back a laugh.
"I couldn't help it." I laughed causing her to laugh too.
"That is a good one." My mom said laughing hard.

"Okay. Let's call Gorilla then."
My mom pressed Gorilla's contact. She put it on loud speaker.
"Yes."
"Dad, why did you cancel my medical aid?"
"Oh. Yeah. Since you've gone blind now. So... We can't have a blind bride right?"

"Dad how could you?" I started tearing up.
"The only reason I paid your medical aid was because I needed you healthy but now..." Dad was interrupted by my mom.

"Listen here you selfish excuse of a man. This is my daughter. You wanted to get her to marry without her permission. You're pathetic."

"Are you done?" Dad said with a bored tone.
"No I'm not."
Oh boy. This is not good.

"Since you say she's not your daughter and you want nothing to do with her...." My mom sighed before continuing. I wonder what she's going to say next.

"I want you to sign away your parental rights." What. I tilted my head in confusion.

"Consider it done." Dad replied.
Just like that. How could he?
"Great." My mom then disconnected the call.

"Just like that?" I started crying.
"Just like that. You know I thought he was going to put on a fight but...." Mom sighed.

It's official. I don't have a father.