CHAPTER SIX

I started picking up the pens and the beads the way I was instructed.

I finished picking them up. I looked at my duty sheets and it was now time to edit the articles before I submit them to the editor in chief. The articles were not that difficult so I finished real quick. "Linda, these are the papers that needs to be typed and printed by tomorrow. " I looked at the young man telling me this. "What? That's not my job." I said closing the laptop because my eyes started to pain from the laptop screen.

"Well, you are an intern. So this ...is your job." He motioned to a mountain of papers in front of me. This will take forever. It's almost time to knock off and go home. I took the papers and started typing them out on the laptop. My eyes pained in agony. I took of my glasses to massage my eyes to lessen the pain.

I kept looking at people knocking off. This has dad written all over. I hate to admit it but it's true. He wants to punish me until I finally quit. Well too bad, because I won't quit. It seems like I was left alone. I mean why would dad waste all his time and energy to get me to quit?

"Working late?" I looked at where the voice is coming from and it belonged to Brandon. I gave him a smile and shrugged my shoulders. "Yeah. I have to type these papers and print them out." I said motioning to the mountain of papers. "That's a lot! When is the deadline?" Brandon asked sitting next to me. He gave me a sympathetic look. "Tomorrow." I said massaging my eyes again. "Well, at this pace you're not going to finish by tomorrow. " Brandon said raising his eyebrow. "Wow. Gee thanks for the motivation." I said sarcastically rolling my eyes which I instantly regretted doing because a sharp pain came afterwards.

"Look I can help. It's copy and paste right?" Brandon asked and I nodded to his question. How nice of him. If he's not on dad's side. The thought made me think for a moment. "No. I think I'll manage." I said. He shook his head sideways. "Nonsense. I insist. Come on." He said picking up the papers from the table. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"To work and beat that deadline."
"No. What if you're on his side?"
"Who?" Brandon asked tilting his head sideways like a puppy. He looks cute. Ugh.

"Nevermind. Let's go. Wait.... Where are we going?" I asked and Brandon laughed. " To my house." He said in a 'duh' tone.
"But what if your parents see that you've helped me and then find me incompetent?" I asked worryingly. "Relax. Would you? You panic a lot. I have an apartment just three blocks away." He said opening the passenger door for me to get in. Mhh. What a gentleman. "Thank you." Brandon replied making me realize I said that out loud. I smile awkwardly as I got into his red BMW.

"Why do you come to work with a car? I mean you literally live three blocks away." I said as I put on the safety belt. He laughed before he responded. " Imagine if the bosses' son came to work on a public transport or on foot. Come on." He continued to laugh. I kept a serious face on. "I'm sorry. It's just.... That's the first time anyone ever asked me that." He admitted.

We finally arrived at his apartment and it was huge! He showed me around and the size of his bathroom is even bigger than my bedroom. It must be nice to be rich. "Enough touring, let's get to work. " He said placing the papers on his king size bed. "Are we going to work in here?" I asked seeing him throwing himself on the bed. "Yeah it's more comfortable here." He said. He might have noticed the worry on my face. " Relax. I won't bite or do anything inappropriate, unless you ask." He said winking at me.

"Ohh.. pfff! Really?  As if that would ever happen." I said taking out my laptop and started typing. "I guess we'll never know." He shrugged his shoulders.

I honestly wouldn't mind. I smiled at that thought finally concentrating on my work.