The Royal Meeting

Ares' POV

Ares was surprised by the level of requests that he was getting for Nava. Although it was good for business, he knew it was because she was in pain and broken beyond repair. He knew the pain of losing a mate was unbearable but betrayal was even worse. He tried reaching out to the Royals but they kept shutting him down. It reached a point where he decided to go to the Werewolf Royal Pack and demand an audience with them. To his surprise, he found them having the time of their lives with their new mates.

"Ares? What are you doing here?", Orion asked lifting his mate to the side as he covered himself up, standing to greet him. "Can I speak to you and Hector in private... please", he said with gritted teeth. "I don't think so Vampire, address my husband by his title before I have you thrown out of here", the woman with red hair said looking at him with disgust. He raised his brow at Orion daring him to support her. He didn't.

"Wife, take Simone to the other room. We need to discuss some business with the Alpha", he said lovingly and she agreed. When Ares was certain the women were at a safe distance he turned to the Royals with furrowed brows.

"Do you even care to ask if she recovered?", he asked feeling his chest tighten. He thought of the days he waited by Nava's bed hoping and praying she would wake up. "Recovered from what?", Hector asked looking concerned. "Huh! You have no idea what you did, do you?", he asked and their questioning faces told him that they were oblivious to what happened. "Speak Ares", Orion commanded, finally serious enough.

"When you marked your chosen mates and sealed the bond with them it affected Nava, the pain was too much that she was hospitalised for two months. She was in a coma. We thought she would die. We tried everything but by the time we discovered that it was because of you, she was already awake and she found out on her own and now she has shut us all out.

She believes that she's just a tool and that she deserves nothing but to be treated like a mere prostitute. She's given up on love, on family, she is just... the Temptress", he said while feeling anger building inside him. He wanted to make them pay but at the same time, he wanted to hear their side of the story. He was sure that everything was ok between them. It had been for months.

"That's impossible, she's human", Hector said standing up. He looked like he had just lost his nuts. He kept pacing across the room, running his fingers through his hair. Orion looked deep in thought. "Look, I didn't come here to tell you to go back to her. I know you had your reasons. I might not like how you lied to her face but I needed to hear it from you. I want to know what happened. Why didn't you fight for her?", Ares told Hector who turned to his brother.

"Ares, you found out about our chosen mates the same day we did... Our father had an affair. I don't know if we could even call it that considering she was his fated mate.

She was pregnant when he claimed our mother who was chosen for him. Even though his mate died during early childbirth, the son survived.

One of the Councilmen found out and blackmailed him into allowing his daughters to be our chosen mates. Our mother doesn't know, the worst part is our so-called brother was raised in Blue Valley Pack", "What? The pack that was massacred?", Ares asked remembering the story.

The pack was known for having cross-breed mates. It was where there was no discrimination. Human mates were allowed as long as they accepted their supernatural mates. Ares admired their warriors. They were legendary across all kingdoms but sadly the Hunters infiltrated their pack and destroyed them before the King's Guard could reach them.

"How is this possible? Is it why the King never offered them help?", Ares asked. "Yes, if he allowed the Kings Guard to go and help them then they could have won, that would mean that the survivors would have been brought to the Royal Pack", "And the Luna Queen would have found out. Fuck!", Ares said mainly to himself.

"Yes. We don't want that besides, our father would never allow a human to sit on the throne", Orion said looking like he was in pain. "As if that was the only problem. She's not only human but she has slept with almost every elite that entered the House of Aphrodite. She is a siren werewolf hybrid with no ability, how are we supposed to claim her?", Hector said looking frustrated.

Ares got his answers. "So basically she's not worthy? You have no idea what the moon goddess has blessed you with. I would give up everything I have just to have one day with my mate and children but I guess your title is more important than a girl who had to do what she could to survive. You're both decorated soldiers so I'm sure you know what it means to do whatever it takes to survive.

Do you know how many times she tried to kill herself? I do, fifteen times and do you want to know how Sophia and I were able to keep her from doing it? We told her that she had to stay alive for her mate.

I was the one who fed that poison in her head. I was the one that made her believe and yet when she met her mates, they lied to her face that they weren't hers. She had to suffer for two months only to discover that you LIED to her. What kind of Kings are you? Because I would never follow you. For the record, we don't need your protection anymore, our deal is OFF", he finished then turned to the door ready to leave.

"Ares, we might look cruel to you but this is our birthright, we're not going to walk away just because of something that we can live without. Time will heal her", Orion said as if he was trying to convince himself. "Yeah? You keep telling yourself that", Ares said with a smirk then went back to his car.

When he passed the Royal Pack's territory he pulled his phone out of his pocket and called the King of Faes.

"Is the offer still on the table?", he asked Fulkerson. "Depends, are the Finnegans still on the table?", Niall asked with a neutral tone. "Would I be calling if they did?", he shot back impatiently. "What happened?", he asked.

"They've made their choice and I've made mine", he said releasing a breath. "Good. I'll be at the House of Aphrodite by morning", Niall said then hung up.

"We're dropping the dogs?", Armand asked as he drove them back. "Yes, but I'm sure they will be lurking in the shadows. Something tells me Nava's still the one they want. When I told them about her two-month blackout, they looked like they were about to lose everything. I know that look, I've seen it once before, I just hope they won't make a move when it's too late", he said looking out the window.