Battle to the Death

Nava's POV

The conditions that Allen gave almost gave Nava a heart attack but feeling Magnus's hand on her shoulder kept her grounded. She didn't want to look as broken as the Queen.

She wondered what Allen was thinking but remembered his words. He asked her to trust him and she was going to do just that.

They were taken to a clearing where most festivals hosted by the King took place. The royal convoy drew attention and in seconds the place was crowded with curious pack members.

Nava was taken to the King's sitting stage with Magnus right next to her. She looked at him to see if he looked worried but he had a smirk on his face.

"Magnus, why aren't you worried?", she asked him. "You'll find out soon enough my Queen", his answer surprised him. The confidence he had was over the roof and the fact that he called her Queen for the first time since they met gave her a tiny bit of relaxation.

"My people, your future Kings have challenged Councilman Allen for Nava, their fated mate. It will be the battle to the death", the King announced earning gasps. He turned to Allen and the twins. "Men! Fight with honour and fight for your mate... Begin!", he said then sat.

In a blink of an eye, she saw Allen's face flying across the field, falling face first. The crowd cheered.

Nava swallowed hard.

Orion was about to deliver another blow when his hand was broken making his bone emerge and blood fly to his face. He screamed in agony as Hector rushed towards him and pushed it back in. Orion roared and then transformed into his wolf with weird-looking eyes. He looked at Hector as if asking him something. When Hector nod, they charged towards Allen at the same time.

"Hector is a distraction. Don't fall for it", Magnus said more to himself. Making Nava's eyes return to the battlefield. Hector jumped on Allen and held him down while Orion extended his claws and ran them across Allen's chest.

Allen caught a lot of blood. Making Hector laugh. He whispered something in Allen's ear and then pushed his body aside. He stood up and raised his hands making the whole crowd cheer.

A tear fell from Nava's face making her wipe it away quickly before she could be seen.

An evil laugh emerged from Allen's body making them turn to look at him. He was standing up. When he turned to face them the claw mark was healing at a speed that left Nava speechless. "Remember what I said the last time you tried to play hero?", he asked them making Nava furrow her brows. She couldn't recall such a time but Hector looked terrified.

Orion's wolf tried to attack him but Allen dodged and then punched him in the stomach. Orion's wolf whimpered and fell to the ground. "Leave my brother alone!!", Hector screamed and charged towards Allen who looked bored.

He scratched Allen on his face making him hiss in pain but the wound healed in seconds making him stretch his neck and turn into his Lycan. Gasps were heard across the field. Conall punched Hector and one blow sent him flying across the field the same way he did.

Nava saw Orion gaining consciousness. Allen was too focused on Hector's struggling wolf form to see him. 'Behind you', she said through the mind link making him turn just in time for his claws to sink in Orion's stomach.

A roar was heard from where Hector was and when he tried to move he saw his back limb was broken. He whimpered making Conall smile then tossed Orion on top of his brother.

He stepped back and started getting bigger. Nava's eyes went wide. He was giving Falkor control. "He got this in the bag", a huge woman with muscles for days said while standing next to Magnus.

"He's the true King!", "A black dragon!", "It's real", "He's our true King!".

The crowd kept buzzing which made Falkor roar. He pressed Orion and Hector's wolf forms with his foot. They screamed in pain and tried to scratch him but Falkor didn't seem to feel anything.

'Don't kill them... please', Nava tried to tell Falkor but his mind was blocked. An explosion appeared behind Nava sending her flying from the king's stage. Before she could do anything she was pulled to a chest with a knife on her throat.

That got Falkor's attention.

"Release my son's at once or I kill her", Cosmo said making Falkor remove his feet. 

The twins didn't move, they were already unconscious.

"Let her go, Cosmo, this is tradition, you can not interfere. Your sons are the ones that called for a challenge", Arthur said as  Falkor returned to his human form. He was given clothes by Magnus who had blood all over his face and angry eyes.

"No! I am the King and I say what goes. I will die before someone else takes my Kingdom", he said while pulling Nava backward. "Your Kingdom? Your fucking kidding right? We gave you and every other King their territories. It's time for you to give it back", Magnus said with rage.

"Allen! Control your dog or I will kill her. I mean it!", Cosmo said making Nava hiss as she felt the pain from the knife.

She saw the Queen and other guards lift the unconscious Hector and Orion and leave the field with them in the middle of the ruckus. She was grateful for her.

Even though they used her, she wasn't ready to leave with the guilt of having them killed.

'My love. I want you to push him away with everything that you have and run', his voice reached her and when their eyes connected he nodded. She felt a weird energy grow within her and when she felt like screaming, she pushed Cosmo back and the next thing she heard was the the king's stage breaking in half. She saw Cosmo's guards approaching her and she started running towards the crowd as Magnus and the woman who was standing next to him started fighting them off.

Allen was holding Cosmo by the throat, he was struggling to breathe but stopped moving in seconds making Allen toss his lifeless body aside and continue to fight.

She ran faster until she reached the forest that was behind the King's castle, she hid behind a tree. She closed her eyes and tried to control her breathing.

"There you are", she turned to where the voice came from and there he was. Orion, he looked tired and none of his wounds had healed. "Orion why are you still here? You need to leave. He will kill you", she said but he still approached her. "I need you", he said then took her hand and his canines appeared ready to sink into her flesh...

He wanted to heal himself.

To use her again.

She pushed him away and started running again. She kept looking back to see if he was chasing her until she crashed into a chest that was covered with blood. She looked up and it was Allen.

She hugged him so tight and started crying on his chest. "It's over my love. Let's go home", he said soothingly. "She's ours and we will have her", Orion said. "No, you will not. Your father is dead so the challenge is over. There is no need for more bloodshed", Allen said using the Alpha command. It forced Orion to bow just in time for his mother to show up. 

"Thank you, Your Majesty. Sparing my children is a sign of mercy that I will never forget. They won't bother you again", she said then bowed and pulled Orion with her.