Fighting for the King

Allen's POV

"What is this I'm hearing about you fighting for the King?", Nava walked into Allen's office making him furrow his brows. He was in the middle of the meeting with the Councilmen and the Royal twins. "My love, can we discuss this some other time? I'm in the middle of a meeting", he said calmly.

"You should have thought about that before you went on and committed to a challenge without talking to me first", she fought back. He released a breath and stood up from his chair. He walked towards her and led her outside his office.

"Nava, My love. I'm sorry. I didn't think there was anything wrong with me doing my job. I'm responsible for security and this is a threat, if the challenger wins, then the whole pack will be vulnerable to hunters", he explained while holding her tiny soft hands.

"Hunters? What do you mean?", she asked looking worried. "I mean that the person who challenged the King is a werewolf but he's working with hunters and if we let him fight the twins again we might end up with the same outcome as last time. I can take him because my nature is not affected by the same things that affect them. Do you understand me now My love?", he said making her nod.

"I'm sorry for barging in like that", she said shyly. "It's ok. Kiss me", he said and she went on her tiptoes and tried to kiss him unsuccessfully, making him chuckle and meet her halfway. "Mmmnh! There's no need to be worried. I love you so much and I'm not going anywhere", he said making her smile and leave.

"All good?", Arthur asked making him roll his eyes. "You got some lipstick on you", Greyson said making Arthur laugh. He reached for his handkerchief and cleaned himself.

"We were saying?", he asked looking at Orion. "He's not a normal wolf. His eyes were red and he looked feral when he shifted", he explained. "So the hunters have found a way to enhance him. That's interesting", Greyson said while writing things down. "His claws were loaded with something, it's not the normal wolf's bane, it's far more lethal. One scratch and you're toast", Hector said making Allen nod.

"Boss you got this right?", Magnus asked as he drove him to the challenge clearing. "Yes, no need to worry", he assured his right-hand man with a smirk.

They reached the clearing and found a group of rogues waiting for them. The twins got out of their car, and so did Allen and Magnus. When his eyes landed on Christopher his heart almost stopped.

Nava was standing next to him and she looked angry. "Nava, what are you doing here? Why are you standing with him?", Allen asked.

"Did you know?", she asked with so much pain in her eyes. He furrowed his brows. "What are you talking about?", he said while stepping closer. "Don't! Just tell me the truth", she said making him stop in his tracks.

"He didn't know Nava. None of us did", Hector said making Allen turn to him for clarification. "The massacre at the Blue Valley Pack", he said and everything started to make sense. "Shit!", Allen said and Hector nod again. "Father was informed but didn't tell you because he knew once you rescued the survivors then the Queen would find out about his infidelity", Orion said.

Allen turned and found his Nava with a broken expression. "Nava, I would never have let Cadmus die, I swear to you. He was my brother's Gamma", he said making more tears fall from Nava's eyes as she ran to him. "I'm so sorry My love. I didn't know. I swear on Alexander's name. I didn't know", he said hugging her tighter.

"As much as this seems emotional, I still have a bone to pick since your amazing King killed the only family I ever knew", Christopher said and when his eyes met Allen's he saw rage. "Go to the car, I'll handle this and we will be at home by evening", he said then kissed her forehead.

'Please don't fight me on this', he mindlinked her not wanting anyone else to hear their conversation. 'I won't, just don't kill him. He's a good man who allowed pain to crowd his judgment', she said with so much pain. 'I know My love' he said then released her from his hands.

"Christopher, we don't have to do this. You see that it was all a misunderstanding. It's not worth killing over", Allen said trying to reason with him but all he got back was anger. He turned into his wolf and charged at him. Allen held his ground and furrowed his brows calculating the way he was moving and as expected he saw an opening and punched his snout sending him flying across the field.

He jumped on him and held him down before he could recover and reached him through the mind link. 'As your true Alpha King, I command you to yield and I will offer you justice for what he did to you and Nava. You have my word. Leave and don't come back until I reach out to you'.

Christopher's wolf whimpered and then submitted to Allen instantly. He released him and walked back to the car.

"What just happened?", Orion asked him. "He yielded, it's over. He won't bother you again", he said getting into the car and pulling Nava on his lap. He sniffed her to calm himself and she did the same. "You need a shower", she said making him laugh. "And you need to be eaten", he said then started kissing her neck. "I hope you mean it as a joke or else I'm not driving", Magnus said making Allen growl and Nava giggle.

"Take us home", was all he told his right-hand man. He looked through the mirror and saw Orion still shocked while Hector seemed to be mindlinking someone. No doubt it was their father.

He wondered what he would have done if Christopher decided to defy him and settled to being grateful that he didn't. He knew that there was no way he could have spared him if he didn't accept submission and that would have complicated things with Nava.

"Thank you for sparing him", Nava's sweet voice brought him back to reality. He kissed her forehead and hugged her tighter. He felt Magnus' eyes on them but ignored him for the time being.

"How did Christopher find you?", he asked his mate. She looked nervous, "My love, please be honest with me. I won't be mad", he soothed her. "He came to the shop and told me everything. Allen, you must believe that he didn't want to harm anyone, the Royals' attacked him not the other way around", she explained. The pain in her eyes made him believe her.

"I'm sorry about your parents and the pack. I didn't know. I swear to you", he said again and this time around Nava nodded her head and snuggled into him. He continued to hold her tight as if keeping her from disappearing.

"May I go see baby Sarah? I feel like I need a change of scenery", she suggested as they were getting ready for bed. "Where is this coming from?", he asked with furrowed brows. "Nowhere, I just need a break from everything besides, I haven't seen them since the shop opening", she assured him with a smile. It gave him peace of mind so he agreed.