Whiskey Lullaby

I stood at the oven, stirring the sauce for the spaghetti to eat for dinner. Music was playing lightly while Justin watched the game in the living room. I hear a commercial start and then his footsteps begin to walk towards the kitchen. His arms wrap around my stomach and pulls me against him. His whole front side against the back of me. I smiled when he nuzzled his face in my neck. His breathing was calm and relaxing.

"You know what I love about us?" He whispers against my neck, I hummed for him to continue and turned down the oven to low "That we don't keep anything from each other. We share everything," he says again and my heart begins to race while I look straight. I forced a laugh which sounded more like a snort. I felt my whole body tensed under him, keeping this secret from him was eating me up inside, so much that I've had nightmares every night about it. It's always the same dream. I have to tell him. I can't keep this from him any longer. Maybe he won't make a big deal out of it, maybe the way he reacts in the dream isn't even close to how he reacts in real life. I just know I can't keep this from him any longer. I just cant.

"Justin.. Justin I have.. to tell you something" I whisper thinking he wouldn't hear it but he did.

"Tell me what?" He asks, his voice was full of curiosity, my heart was in my throat as my eyes began to sting from wanting to cry. His arms slowly turned me around when I didn't turn around myself, he pulled me further away from the oven and looked at me. My eyes were down to the floor till he lifted my head up and made me look at him. Worry was seen in his face as the lump in my throat got bigger and bigger.

"I. Justin. I had. Chris." my words were stuttered as he tried to make out what I was saying.

"What about Chris" he says pulling me into him more, letting my belly press against his "Did something happen to him?" He says again but I shake my head as relief washed over him. "Oh! We should invite him for dinner, we can all hang out like we did before with just us three." He rambled on while looking so happy talking about his best friend

"I kissed Chris!" The words blurted out of my mouth before I could stop them, the happiness in his face disappeared as his face fell, and so did his arms around me. He took a step back away from me, I watched his face to find any emotion, but I couldn't find anything, there was no sign on how he would react.

"You. You kissed my best friend" he says lightly, his voice was a whisper as his eyes were examining my face.

"Justin it was-" I started but was then cut off by him

"You kissed my best friend! You kissed Chris! When YN! When the fuck did you cheat on me!" He yelled, his voice boomed in my ears as I jumped

"The day before our dinner rehearsal, but Justin I swear it was an accident" I say lightly, I stepped forward to him as my hand was going to reach out to touch his hand but he stepped back and pulled his arm away.

"An accident?! You don't just kiss someone on accident! Oh I'm sorry my lips just fell onto yours! You're fucking kidding me right! You cheated on me!" He spat at me, my eyes filled with tears as the anger was seen perfectly in his face, his eyes were dark as his face was turning slightly red.

"Justin, I'm sorry, please just" I begin but the sobs coming out made it impossible for me to continue

"You're sorry? You're sorry! I've never cheated on you YN! Do you not get that!" His voice was loud and he never ever yelled at me, so he scared me. "You cheated on me with my best friend YN, how could you do that?" He says and my heart begins to break slowly, the pain wanting to be felt, demanding to be felt. "You love him don't you. You love him, not me." His voice was quieter, and with that my heart fell. The words he said in my dream he has now said in person, I shake my head as the tears run down my face