Chapter Forty-nine: the looming rival

Two weeks later

Raquelia's POV

   The students frantically rushed into the meeting hall, all of them looking neat and well-behaved. They sat in total silence, none daring to bring out any gadget or utter a word, except for Lynn and Krystal, of course. Krystal had her ears plugged, trying to ignore Lynn who was talking non-stop into her ear. I never saw their mating coming. I wasn't allowed to look into who is destined to be with Krystal but I expected someone sweet and caring like Frost, someone who would be able to take her, not someone she would end up killing. Merlynn, the unfathomable soul from another realm that slipped into this world, dwelling in the body of an already blessed child. A walking disaster paired with catastrophe. How did this happen? Selene, I ask again, what were you thinking? There were only two ways this would turn out. Merlynn either conquers Krystal or Krystal kills him. I couldn't see the possibility of her choosing him without being conquered.

   I sighed and shook my head, averting my gaze to my sweet little boy, Ayden. He found eating noisily into Fabian's ear more fun while Frost and Raf were lost in their own world. I was glad they finally settled things but it took everything in me to withhold myself from doing something to him. He hurt my baby too much. Well, it didn't mean I wasn't going to punish him a bit. I had a little package waiting for him.

   I shook my head and went back to looking around. The students weren't looking neat and obedient because Jena and I were coming to make an announcement, no, they were like that because of Aaron. He disliked bullshit and gave bullshit to those who dared him. As the leader of the X-Marked and the Bureau Of Paranormal Control, he was always too serious and his number one priority was overwhelming Raf with his love and protectiveness. I had to make sure he didn't find out about what Frost was doing to her, but this was it, my little surprise.

  I leaned on the balcony which stood tall above the hall facing the students. No one could see me because of the big curtains. I smiled at my baby girl, grinning and giggling at Frost's teasing. It wasn't easy letting her go through pain without teaching him a lesson, but I couldn't interfere in the lives of others just because I can see it, that'd be wrong. Still, as her mother, I have to teach the scumbag a lesson.

   "Good morning, Mrs. Morgan," the student greeted immediately Amabel walked in, her heels clicking on the marble floor melodiously. She waved them off and went to her seat, her eyes never leaving Krystal. She smiled and looked toward Kevin. He nodded, stood up from his seat, climbed on the podium then cleared his throat, stealing glances at Krystal too. Those two make it too obvious.

   "Good morning, Mr. Lee," they greeted. I looked at Lenius who was trying to pull the curtains open and expose himself. He's not supposed to let Krystal see him.

   "Lenius," he glanced at me, "it's time to leave. Remember, she can't see you,"

   "I know that. And why am I the seal again? I want to meet up with my friend, is that too much to ask? And why does that guy keep sticking to her? Is he trying to hit on her or something?" That's the one thing Lenius and Aaron had in common, they were too possessive and did not listen to any other reason that contradicts their opinion. He already knew the answer to that question but he wasn't going to give up that easily and I had only two options: change the condition of the seal or allow him to show himself to her and ruin the plan. Obviously, the former was the case. Thanks to him barging into my house and demanding I allow him to meet with Krystal, and of course, Icy's new change of plans, I moved up the time a bit and changed some settings.

Merlynn, you have a rival coming at you.

   "The seal is almost complete so be patient. Remember the plan?" He nodded vigorously, a smile spreading on his face. "And remember she has a mate now?"