Chapter Seventy-seven: what the hell happened?!

Krystal's standpoint

   I opened my eyes with a groan. The world was quiet at first with only my thumping heart and a sharp ring echoing in my ears. It felt as if there were a thousand elephants on my head. The room was hot, too hot. I lifted myself to sit, enduring nausea and dizziness. I grabbed my neck and squeezed it. My throat was dry, not a single droplet of saliva in my mouth. My eyes and breath were hot and tears streamed down my face.

   I dropped my feet on the floor, my breaths coming out in short, heavy pants. It hurts. My heart hurts. I was feeling choked and extremely suffocated. My body was soaked from sweat as though I was melting. It felt like I was melting from existence. The more seconds I spent with my eyes open, the more pain built up in my heart and contaminated the other part of my body. My body ached badly and I was trembling even though I was as hot as flames.

   My body felt the urge to move so it did. I managed to stand on my feet after five failed attempts but crashed on the floor after taking my first step. It felt like my kneecaps shattered even if they didn't. I couldn't scream, I had no voice. My nose was getting stuffed and my dry throat made my stomach burnt. Still, my body continued to move.

   I crawled to the door. Every movement felt like my bones were being ground to dust but I still crawled to the door. I was almost at the door when it opened slowly. I looked up from the floor with tears flooding down my face and saw Aida staring down at me with tears in her eyes. Lenius was next to her and he looked like he was going to murder someone.

    "I told you he was scum," was the only thing he said before he walked over to me and aggressively yanked me into his arms. The pain I was enduring doubled as he held me in his arms, but I couldn't speak or cry out. He ran, using his speed and I could tell Aida followed us. He stopped in front of a massive pink door and scoffed.

   "Lee, we shouldn't let her see it, just let her—" Aida tried to protest but Lee kicked the door open. My eyes grew wide when I looked into the room. Either they were too immense in what they were doing to notice us or they didn't care. More tears flowed down my cheeks, blurring my vision. At that moment, it felt like my heart died inside me and tore my soul away. I slip away from Lenius, falling on my knees and hurling on the floor. I could hear voices screaming and crashes, but my body never stopped trembling as I vomited blood on the floor. I collapsed on my vomit of blood, water, and food and passed out with a dead heart.

Rafaelia's POV

   Uneasiness. I couldn't get rid of that feeling. Something terrible was going to happen, I couldn't get my mind off it. I tried to smile and remain positive but it wasn't helping. I stood there like a frozen stick, a glass of champagne in my hand as I watched the party. Frost had his arms around Merlynn's shoulders, talking at the top of his voice while Lynn stared at him with a fake smile. I hate the guy but he has been a good mate to Krystal, unlike Frost. He was worried about Krystal but he couldn't leave. Neither he nor I could leave because we were the captains. I wish I was worried about her too but she wasn't my problem.

   My eyes moved around once more and stopped at Lenius. He was surprisingly dancing with Princess Rose and they looked happy. Has he fallen in love or something? That couldn't be with how he has been obsessing over Krystal just this morning. I pushed myself off the pillar, staring at them in shock. Something's not right.

   I started walking towards them but Princess Hazelle suddenly blocked my way with a grin. I forced myself to smile even though I was irritated. The woman had been getting on my nerves since we arrived. She wasn't hiding her interest in Frost at all and repeatedly told me to my face that I didn't deserve him. It was hilarious. The one who didn't deserve me is him and she was in no way close to my standard to believe she is better for him. What was Mom thinking when she sent us here?