t h r e e

Deals and Memories

Danbi

"I just think it's weird that the case was rejected by other law firms. This is Kim Enterprises we're talking about. Who would reject them?"

I shrug my shoulders and look at Namjoon, while we are getting out of his car, that he just parked in front of Jin's.

"They probably rejected them, because they knew they couldn't win the case." Namjoon says.

"That sounds plausible. But let's wait what we're facing. Even if it is difficult, I know what you're capable of. Imagine what it could mean for our law firm to have Kim Enterprises as our client. Let's just read through the files. And with that I mean you do that, while I eat as much as possible of Jin's food."

I smirk at him and thank him, as he holds the door of the restaurant open for me. We are greeted by Jin, the second we step through the door.

I always love coming to his restaurant. It is his everything and I admire every single detail. There are different abstract paintings on the walls and the interior is a mixture between vintage styles and modern pieces of furniture. Everything is in cream and beige colors, giving you a cozy feeling, making it feel like home. Not speaking about his concept of fusion food. Every month he creates new combinations of different nation's food with the Korean kitchen. It always tastes incredible. This month it's apparently a fusion between French and Korean food. Jin places us on our usual table and sits down next to me.

"Yoongi will be here any minute. Did you tell your senior partner about the meeting?" Jin looks at Namjoon, while he opens a bottle of French white wine. He fills our glasses and puts the bottle in a wine cooler.

"I told Mr. Kang about the meeting. He told me it was my call. If I think we could win the case, we would be glad to work with Kim Enterprises." Namjoon says, while taking a sip of the wine.

Jin is about to say something, as the door opens and closes again. He smiles in the direction of the person, who just entered the restaurant. "There he is."

While Jin stands up to greet the person, I turn around. A man I suppose is Yoongi is walking towards Jin. He's dressed in a sleek black suit. If he was ever wearing a tie, he got rid of it and the top buttons of his shirt were opened. His black hair, which is falling in slight waves, is styled back and out of his face. He is undeniably handsome, and I think that I might recognize him from some of Jin's childhood photos.

"Danbi. Namjoon. This is Min Yoongi. I'll leave you to it, just let me know what you want to eat." He smiles and turns to go to the kitchen.

"Please call me Yoongi, it's nice to meet you." He shakes Namjoon's hand first and turns to me, extending his hand. The first thing I notice is the golden band on his ring finger. So he is married.

It doesn't surprise me though. He's attractive and as the CFO of such a big company he's also very successful. While we all sit down again, Yoongi takes a file out of his briefcase and hands it to Namjoon.

"Thank you for meeting with me and considering the case. I know it is difficult. Our legal department and the law firm we used to work with, made a mistake with the contract. I signed without noticing it. Most of the law firms I contacted were afraid to take the case. If they lose with a company like Kim Enterprises, their reputation could be damaged. But we could lose a huge amount of money if the client actually drags us to court. I'm really desperate."

Namjoon reads over the file and furrows his eyebrows. "I'm not gonna lie. The case is indeed difficult. Did you say the law firm made the mistake?"

I know the stoic face Namjoon has while reading over the file. I can literally see the wheels turning in his head, as I observe him.