f o u r

Fears and Suspicions

Yoongi

The blaring of my alarm wakes me up sooner than I wish to. I groan and shut the damn thing off. The other side of the bed is already empty. Ahri has always been an early bird, while I prefer to sleep in.

I ruffle lazily through my hair as I make my way downstairs to the kitchen. The smell of coffee and breakfast wakes me up at least a bit. Ahri is sitting at the kitchen table, sipping on her tea.

"Good morning!" She chirps while reading through a magazine. Her hair and make-up are already done, and she looks like she can leave the house any second. Me on the other hand, am still in my pajamas, longing for my warm and cozy bed. God, I hate early mornings.

"Morning," I grumble, filling a cup of coffee and nearly inhaling it after.

"You came home late yesterday. Where were you?" She questions me as I sit down across from her.

"I was meeting with a law firm, that might be interested in taking the case for our company. I told you about it."

"Yeah, I just wondered why it took you so long. You usually don't take that long for business meetings."

"The head of the marketing and one of the lawyers of the firm are friends with Jin. We were having dinner and were talking for a while." She smiles slyly at me.

"Ah, so we're getting to know each other on a personal level already?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Yeah, why not? They're really funny. They actually told me to bring you next time."

She raises her eyebrows to that. "So, there's going to be a next time? I would love to meet them." She squeezes my hand across the table, before she stands up and puts our plates in the sink.

"You should get ready. Can you take me to the office with you? I promised my father to visit him today."

"Sure, I'll be ready in 20 minutes."

I'm holding Ahri's hand, as we're striding through the lobby towards the elevator

I'm holding Ahri's hand, as we're striding through the lobby towards the elevator. The receptionist nods her head at us, as we pass her. "Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Min."

I acknowledge her with a small smile, as Ahri presses the button for the elevator.

When we stop at my floor, she gives me a small kiss and adjusts my tie.

"Will you be home for dinner?" I nod and give her another kiss, before telling her goodbye for the day.

Hoseok is already waiting for me, when I step out of the elevator.

"Morning. You have a meeting at 10 with Jimin to go over the weekly finance plans and another meeting at 4 this afternoon with a client. How did the dinner go yesterday?"