t w e n t y - n i n e

Shocks and Ultimatums

Danbi

"What the hell is going on here?"

The loud booming voice that interrupts the silence in my bedroom tears me from my sleep. My mind is heavy with sleep, still being half in dreamland, while I'm trying to make sense of where the voice is coming from.

I try to put the puzzle pieces together in my head, not even sure if I'm actually awake or still dreaming. There's only two people who have a key to my flat and could appear in my bedroom unannounced. With the realization of that, I abruptly open my eyes, noticing that Yoongi was faster to make sense of the situation and is already sitting up in bed, protectively shielding my barely dressed body from the intruder.

There's a crushing silence in the bedroom, the only thing heard is the rustling of the blanket, when I sit up. I'm met with Jin's face that's full of emotions, while he stands in the doorway to my bedroom. Confusion, fury, I can even see hurt in his eyes.

"Don't make me ask again, what the fuck am I looking at here?" It's obvious that he tries to control his voice, tries to make sense of the situation, maybe even tries to find an explanation that isn't the obvious, but his voice his shaking with anger.

I divert my gaze, not being able to look at him, being ashamed that he found out like this. Yoongi is the one to speak up on our behalf.

"I know you're confused and angry and you're getting an explanation, but would you give us a minute to get decent and wait in the living room?"

Jin scoffs, but he turns around a closes the door with a slam, leaving us alone. As soon as he's gone, I start to panic.

"Fuck, what are we going to do? He's going to hate us, he won't ever speak to us again."

I bury my face in my hands while I'm rambling on, overwhelmed with the situation. The tears are already threating to spill over and I'm letting the fear of facing Jin take over me completely.

Yoongi is my voice within reason and keeps calm. Or at least he's pretending to. He kneels down in front of me, taking my hands from my face and kissing my palms.

"It's okay, baby. Everything's going to be alright. But we have to get dressed now and talk to him. I have a feeling he won't be waiting for long."

He pulls me off the bed and hands me my fluffy morning robe, helping me slip into it, while my body is shaking like autumn leaves.

He slips into his sweatpants and takes my hand, probably trying to calm my nerves when he leads me to the living room. I cling onto his arm, not ready to let go, even when I see Jin pacing like a panther in front of the couch and not even when his gaze falls to our joined hands as soon as we step into the room, forehead in deep wrinkles.

"You're kidding me, right? Please tell me you're kidding me."

I watch Jin's furious expression, as silent tears make their way down my cheeks.

"What do want me to say, Jin? Saying it isn't what it looks like would be useless and a lie." Yoongi is calm as he talks to our friend, who's still pacing back and forth and releases a humorless chuckle.

"So you're fucking. Great. Does Ahri know? Ridiculous question, of course she doesn't."

Yoongi takes a step forward, making Jin stop his movement and glare at him. I'm still holding onto his arm, not only to calm my nerves anymore, but also out of fear that worse could happen, if I let go.

"It's not like that and no she doesn't know yet. Jin, you have to listen..."

But Jin doesn't let him continue. "I don't have to do shit. I give you exactly 24 hours to tell her, or I will."