t h i r t y - f o u r

Exhaustion and Visitors

Danbi

When I come out of the bathroom, Yoongi is already lying in bed, scrolling through his phone, with Nuri at his feet.

"Where's Namu?" I ask, rubbing in the last of my moisturizer.

"I guess he's still a bit salty that we disturbed his peace earlier." He shrugs and puts his phone aside when I sit down on the edge of the bed.

"Come here." He tells me, opening his arms and inviting me into his embrace.

I lay down and snuggle my body into his arms, my own arm embracing his naked torso. I press a kiss onto his chest and rest my head onto it afterwards.

"Are you alright?" He asks me and I nod my head.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him in return. "I thought you had a solution."

He sighs and tightens his embrace on me. "This is the solution."

"Yoongi..." I whisper.

"I didn't want to concern you. This is my problem and if Ahri doesn't want to sign the papers, I'm going to have to deal with it."

My head is moving on his chest as he talks and I look up at him with a grim expression.

"It's not, you're not alone, no matter what happens."

He smiles and leans down to kiss my lips. "I know, baby."

"I know this is between you and her and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I saw how miserable you were after your talk with Ahri. What exactly happened?"

He leans his head back into the pillow and stares at the ceiling with furrowed brows. "Thinking about it now, I should have started with the truth, before telling her something about finding happiness."

I look at him confused and he releases another sigh when he looks at me and sees my expression.

"The short version is, I told her I wanted a divorce because I'm not happy in our marriage and we both deserve to find someone we truly love. When I told her the truth about us, she thought all I said before was simply an excuse and I don't blame her. I should have just told the truth. I meant everything I said to her, but if I told her the truth first, maybe she would have believed me."

I bring my hand to his face and caress his skin, making him nuzzle his cheek into my hand.

"She would have been hurt either way. We should have waited. We should have never gone behind her back, but we can't go back. Let's just wait and see what happens. Whatever it'll be, we can't change it."

I feel his soft lips make contact with my palm as he turns his head. "You're right. I just want this to be over."

"I know."

Silence falls between us. Only the silent snores of Nuri and our breathing can be heard, until the sheets rustle with Yoongi's movement. He turns us over, hovering above me.

"I love you so much." He says, smiling down at me.

I return his smile. My heart is so full of love for this man. I would do anything for him, without hesitating.

"I love you too, Yoongi." I tell him and cup his face to pull him down to me, instantly attacking his lips.

We kiss, our lips gliding against each other smoothly. I sling my hands around his neck, pulling him even closer.

He angles his head a bit more and opens his mouth, pushing his tongue through the barrier of my teeth. I didn't want to start anything, but when he starts to grind his hips, I know he has other intentions.