s i x

Donations and Fireworks

31. December 2021

Danbi

"Wow, look at you! You look incredible!" Jin grins widely at me, as I get out of the car. He has about the same reaction as Namjoon, when he picked me up to head to the venue of the New Year's Eve charity gala.

My dress is black with subtle glitter throughout the whole material. The top is made of a corset, which is slightly transparent. The skirt's made of tulle, that's ending shortly above my ankles. I'm wearing black, glittery, pointed heels and I already know my feet are going to kill me at the end of the night.

For the last month I was wearing my black hair in a shoulder length layered bob, which is styled out of my face in a strict, sleek look. I didn't overdo my make-up. Just my lips are accentuated by dark red lipstick. I would lie if I say I'm not feeling myself today.

We're currently waiting in front of the entrance for Taehyung and Jungkook. They're living in a shared flat and plan to come to the event with my brother's car. To my luck it's unusually warm, considering it's the end of December. Still, the thin leather jacket I'm wearing over my dress, does nothing to keep me warm. I'm relieved, the second I see Taehyung's car park in front of us.

Hoseok went home to his parents over Christmas and New Year's Eve and Areum is travelling for her Job at the moment. She spends New Year's Eve in Chicago. So unfortunately, we have to spend this evening without those two.

Jimin is already waiting inside, and Yoongi and Ahri were there before everyone else. With Taehyung and Jungkook arriving, we finally make our way to the venue.

There are a lot of people walking with us through the fancy decorated hallways. I realize pretty fast what the concept of the evening is. Everything's decorated like a fair. There are booths with popcorn and cotton candy, photo boxes and much more.

The venue itself is huge. There's a round stage in the middle and many round tables around it. I can't believe my eyes, when I see the vintage carousel in the corner of the room and thousands of fairy lights, which are spread out through the whole venue.

Waiter and Waitresses are offering champagne and small Amuse-Gueules, which are delicious. After a few minutes I see Yoongi heading towards us. He's wearing one of his black suits again, but instead of a tie he's wearing a black bow tie today. He looks great, but he also looks pissed.

"Hey, are you ok?" I ask him, after hugging him to greet him.

"I am, but Ahri is not. One of the photographers just called and canceled. One photographer alone is never enough to cover the whole event. Ahri is between a fit of rage and a mental breakdown right now."

"So, all you need is a photographer?" I ask him, while I already start looking out for Taehyung.

"That's easier said than done. We'll never be able to get a photographer, right now, on New Year's Eve. There's nothing we can do." He nervously rans a hand through his hair.

"Nothing easier than that, wait a second...Taehyung!" I call for my brother, as I see him standing next to Jimin and Jungkook a few tables away from ours. When he hears me call for him, he comes over to where Yoongi and I are standing.

"Tae, do you have a camera with you?" Both men give me a confused look.

"Yeah, I always have one in my car. Why?"

"Would you mind helping a friend out and taking a few pictures of the event?" I ask, giving him the best puppy eyes I can manage, to convince him, although I know it won't take much to convince him.