t w e n t y - t w o

Flowers and Canapés

Danbi

"You can put the peonies over there...no wait the fern is for the railing."

It's chaos. Complete and utter chaos. The delivery for some of the flowers was scheduled for yesterday, while all the other decorations were supposed to arrive today.

But the suppliers of the flowers got the date mixed up and all the work that was supposed to be done yesterday, must be done today.

I'm this close to losing it. Everything went well until yesterday, and now we're here, the afternoon before the event and the location is all messed up.

Way too many people are walking around the rooftop and in addition to that chaos, the sky looks like rain with thick, dark clouds.

The weather forecast was actually promising when I checked it two days ago. But now it looks like luck is just not on my side anymore. There's a sea of flowers standing outside, with a few delivery guys, waiting for me to show them where to put all the flowers.

At least I have Mina. We worked on the decoration concept together, and she knows as well as I do, where everything is supposed to be.

Amidst all the chaos, I see Taehyung standing in the middle of the entrance to the rooftop terrace. He has his camera bag with him and is looking at the chaos with a confused expression.

I asked him to photograph the location when it's ready, which was supposed to be an hour ago.

"The small flower arrangements are for the bar tables. One for each." I tell the delivery guy next to me, before I walk towards my brother and drag him out of the way.

"What's happening here? I thought everything's done by now?" He asks me.

I shake my head, as my eyes are on the people placing flower arrangement after flower arrangement.

"Don't make me explain, I'm so close to crying right now." I show him my hand, nearly touching my thumb and my pointer finger.

"I'm one mental break down away from quitting my job. If it rains now, I'm done." I rant, already feeling the tears gathering in my eyes.

The event won't fall through, if it rains. But we can't have the same decoration concept if we have to move inside the restaurant. All the flowers, the concept and months of work we put into it would be for nothing.

Don't get me wrong. I love planning those events. Because if everything works out as planned and it's a successful event, it's the best feeling. But those are the downsides of my job.

I'm used to not everything going as planned, but that so many things are going wrong, just before the event, is a new low. But I'll make the best of it. That's what I get paid for in the end. There's a reason why I'm the head of my department.

I close my eyes, getting myself together. After a deep breath I open my eyes again, observing the situation. Mina took over the coordination by now, giving me a second to breathe.

"I actually wanted you to take photos in the daylight of the arrangements and the location, but we won't be finished until late evening. Do you think you can take pictures of the location with the light arrangements on?"

I look at Taehyung, tilting my head in question and he nods, putting his camera bag to the side.

"Sure, that's no problem. Do you just want me to take pictures of the rooftop location or the restaurant as well?"

"The restaurant would be great as well. It will be decorated too, just to be sure the other location is also ready, if it rains. Can you come by tomorrow afternoon though, to take pictures in daylight?"