t w e n t y

Exclusively not Exclusive

Yoongi

It really hurt me to see Danbi like this yesterday. I could feel how uncomfortable she was with the whole situation and to be honest, it was the same for me.

But seeing her getting more and more wasted, losing all of her emotion and just staring into nothingness while the others were having fun around her and then seeing her leave with Namjoon hurt on another level.

I couldn't sleep last night. I was tossing and turning until I decided to just get up and run some of my frustration away.

It's seven in the morning when I come back and Ahri is in the kitchen, brewing some coffee and making breakfast.

"Good morning." She smiles at me. What's good about it?

Still, I give her a small smile back. It isn't her fault in the end, no reason to take it out on her.

"You got up early, are you alright? Were you running?"

I nod, get a cup of coffee and sit down at the table. "Yeah, I just couldn't sleep, so I decided to go for a run."

She sits down on the opposite side of the table and we eat our breakfast in silence, until she speaks up again.

"Yesterday was fun, it was nice to see everybody. Too bad Jin couldn't make it. We should go to his restaurant sometime next week. I feel like I haven't seen him in ages."

I nod, while I'm chewing on my food. "Mhm, it was nice. We could do that, maybe some of the others are free too."

She gives me a sad look and I crease my eyebrows.

"Oh. I thought we could go out, just the two of us. We haven't done that in a while."

Oh. That's what she means. She's right, though. We didn't go out alone in months. I didn't even think for a second, that she wants to go out for a date night. I feel the bad conscious instantly kick in as I think about the person, I would rather spend such an evening with.

I can't say no. How would I explain it? And I feel bad for Ahri. All she wants to do is spend some time with me. Her husband.

"I don't know. It's hard to get a table on such a short notice. But you could ask Jin." I say, praying he doesn't have a table for us, but knowing Jin, he'll make everything possible for his friends.

"I'll ask him later." She smiles, seeming happier than a minute ago.

"Speaking of yesterday, did you notice something off with Danbi?"

I look up from my plate with wide eyes, trying to read in her face what she exactly means by that.

"Danbi? No. I mean maybe... A bit. Why?" God, stop the word vomit. Could you be more obvious.

She furrows her eyebrows, but she isn't really looking at me. I'm still trying to figure out if she's making that face, because she thinks my answer is weird, or because she's deep in thought. She really caught me off guard with that question.

"I mean, I don't know her that well, but she was so distant yesterday and she seemed really stressed. Something was off. And I know she likes alcohol, but she was literally drowning herself. Didn't you notice?"

I let out a relieved breath. She didn't notice. I still need to answer. Act smart, Yoongi.

"Hmm. You're right. I think I overheard her and Areum talking about her having a lot of stress at work."

"Oh, that could be it. She told me about a big summer event coming up, next to the usual. I know what planning such an event means."

I'm finished with my food and coffee and lean back, trying to read her expression. She seems genuinely concerned.