Chapter 49

Instead of heading to the school like the others, Stella went straight to the source: Gerard. Before entering, she scanned the area to ensure it was empty. Not a heartbeat or a trace of blood could be heard, but she knew he was inside. Stella cautiously stepped forward, remaining on high alert. As she reached the room, she heard two voices she recognized all too well. She came into view, interrupting what seemed like a family reunion.

"Well, well, look at this little family gathering," Stella taunted Gerard, her voice dripping with disdain.

On the floor, Stella saw her mother groaning in pain while Gerard held a freshly fired gun in his hand. The smell of gunpowder lingered in the air.

"So, he got to you too," Stella observed, looking at both of them with a blank expression. For a fleeting moment, Kate's eyes softened as she glanced at her daughter, alive and well, but her face quickly returned to its cold, unfeeling state.

"I should have killed you when you were born," Gerard growled, his voice filled with malice as he stared at Stella, his eyes devoid of remorse.

"Ouch!" Stella retorted sarcastically. "You did try to kill me, but as you can see, that didn't quite work out," she said, her red eyes glowing with intensity.

He aimed the gun straight at Stella's face, ready to pull the trigger, but she swiftly dodged it. With ease, she disarmed him and snapped his wrist, causing him to collapse to the ground in excruciating pain, his screams filling the room. He cursed under his breath, gasping for air.

"You can do what you want," Gerard spat at her, a hint of satisfaction in his voice. "But I still win." He grinned, a wicked smile stretching across his face.

Stella crouched down to meet his eye level, her voice calm and unwavering. "You know, for an Argent, you really are foolish," she remarked. Just then, her uncle Chris entered the room.

"Scott is still alive, and he knows how to save them—all of them," Chris informed Stella, his smile growing wider.

"You let this happen!" Gerard snapped at Chris. Behind them, Kate, clinging to life, began to laugh darkly. "You let this happen, you foolish old man! All you saw was him," Kate accused.

"He destroyed our family! And you, you little devil child," Gerard yelled at all of them.

"I will always be the villain in your eyes," Stella replied calmly, standing up straight. She walked out of the room, Chris by her side. The family they left behind remained in chaos, Gerard screaming for help while Kate tormented him to his death. Stella and Chris paid them no heed, their faces devoid of emotion. They felt... nothing.

Just because Gerard was dead didn't mean that werewolves and other supernaturals were free. They would come back, ready to finish what they had started, and Monroe would ensure that. More people now knew about their true identities, some afraid, some accepting the reality of supernatural origins. The war may have ended, but the struggle continued.

After a few months in Beacon Hills, everyone went their separate ways. Stella decided to return to France, driven by the need to protect the people there as Monroe's influence had spread to new locations. Stiles, on the other hand, followed his dream and joined the FBI. Although Stella and Stiles remained in contact, they chose not to pursue a romantic relationship due to the challenges of the long-distance and the ongoing threat of Monroe's army. However, their love for each other remained strong, even across the miles that separated them. They held onto the hope that once things settled down and Monroe's forces were defeated, they could rekindle their relationship and be together again.