Chapter 33

Liam POV

"Liam!"

I jolted upright at the sound of the loud voice.

"Liam!"

Hurrying to the back of the room, I found Stella lying on the table, convulsing, blood streaming from her mouth and nose. I rushed to her side, assisting Deaton in holding her down.

"What's going on?" I asked, focusing on her rapid heartbeat, which was far from normal.

"I don't know. She's been having seizures, but this one is the worst. I tried using a sedative to calm her down, but it hasn't kicked in," Deaton explained, releasing Stella, leaving me to struggle to keep her steady. He rummaged through his medicine cabinets, finally grabbing something. Returning, he injected the serum into her arm. I heightened my hearing, and her heartbeat gradually slowed, along with her movements.

I grabbed a towel, wiping the blood from her nose and mouth. "What's happening to her?" I inquired, observing her eyes twitching.

"Her body is trying to resist the power she possesses. Figuratively, in her mind, she's in a struggle," he explained, removing his gloves.

"So, she just has to work it out?" I sought clarification, grappling with the complexities of her internal power.

"Maybe... but I'm concerned that if she does, she might lose herself to the power. It could overpower her entire mindset and take control of her body. Stella's consciousness could be lost, and her inner power could take over," he sighed, looking down at her.

"So why are we just sitting here? We need to do something!" Frustration surged within me as I watched her struggle, fighting for her life while we stood idly by.

"We can't. She has to be the one to fight," Deaton replied solemnly.

Stella POV

I was on the floor, blood streaming down my face from an open wound she had given me

I was on the floor, blood streaming down my face from an open wound she had given me. My body refused to cooperate; every attempt to move resulted in excruciating pain. Struggling to rise, I found my feet, but my body wasn't healing as quickly as I wished. She observed my feeble attempts with a chuckle and a smirk.

"Why keep trying, Stella?" she taunted, untouched and unscathed. "I thought this was going to be fun, but now it's just pathetic."

Attempting to make a move, I swiftly received a headbutt, causing me to stumble back and ultimately fall to my side.

"Just weak," she sneered, approaching me. Despite my efforts to crawl away, she seized my foot, pulling me toward her. Grabbing my hair, she turned me to face her. Before she could speak, a voice cut in.

"Come on, Stella..." the voice faded.

"Liam?" I muttered.

"Fight..." Liam's voice echoed before fading once more.