Chapter 11

Riiing! Riiing! My alarm went off at 7:00. I groggily got up, rubbing my eyes and glanced over at Stiles, who was still in a deep slumber. I headed home, brushed my teeth, took a shower, changed, and returned. Yet, Stiles was still fast asleep. I rolled my eyes and decided to wake him up since he had early practice for the big game coming up.

"Stiles. Stiles," I whispered loudly.

"Hmm?" He mumbled but didn't stir.

"You've got early morning practice for the big game tomorrow, remember? Hey, if I'm going to sit through an entire lacrosse game, you better not suck," I joked.

"Not gonna suck," he muttered, still half-asleep.

"Remember, you were supposed to drive me to school early so I can help Malia study more for the math test? The one that determines whether or not she's going to be a senior with us next year?" I tried again, but Stiles remained unmoved.

"Stiles, you have two choices: either I punch you to wake you up, or I punch you" I warned him.

"I'll take the kiss," he mumbled, turning around with a grin and puckering up.

"One, that wasn't even an option. Two, friends don't kiss, and three, ew, no way! You haven't even brushed your teeth," I remarked, playfully flicking his forehead. This made him wake up immediately, rubbing the spot I hit and hissing in pain.

---

I was in my last class with Lydia, Kira, and Malia, and the best part was that it was Coach's class. He was handing back our test grades, and I was relieved to see that I got an 85. Hey, I may be lazy sometimes, but I have my sights set on getting into a good college and getting out of here.

"Lydia? Lydia," Malia tried to get her attention. Lydia blinked, returning from her momentary mental escape.

"Huh?" she asked, a bit disoriented.

"Look, I passed," Malia said, waving her test from another class in front of Lydia.

"C-minus," Lydia replied with a small smile, still somewhat distant.

"Your notes are great when they're not written in code," Malia remarked, grinning down at her test.

"Good job, Malia," I chimed in, smiling. She turned around, returning the smile.

"Thanks, and also thanks for helping me this morning," she said, to which I nodded in acknowledgment.

"Disappointed, Malia. Profoundly disappointed," Coach said, handing Malia her test back. I glanced at her grade, a '54.'

"I'll send you my notes," Lydia offered, tapping Malia's shoulder. As Malia scanned the board, her eyes widened, and I could hear her heart racing. Curious, I looked up and saw what had rattled her.

"It's over. The computers are off. No more assassins. No more murders. No one's dying," I reassured her.

"Not yet," she muttered.