Chapter 25

Stiles finally agreed, and we both hopped into the car, driving to Stiles' house to figure out who the other Chimera was. Stiles immediately checked his phone for any cop updates.

"There was a call a few hours ago about a sophomore from Beacon High who never came home last night," Stiles informed us.

"What's his name?" I asked him.

"Noah Patrick," he said. I checked the list, and his name was right under Hayden's. I grabbed the keys and stepped out of the room, making a quick phone call to Malia for backup.

We entered the school and sneaked into the office to figure out the number of his locker. Once I got that, I texted it to Malia so she could follow.

"Okay, the combo is 24-" Before I could finish the numbers, Scott broke the lock. "Or do that - that's cool too," I shrugged.

"Now we can catch his scent," Scott held up Noah's jacket. I grabbed it from him and threw it to Malia, sensing her behind us.

"You called her," Stiles sighed and rolled his eyes.

"We need all the help we can get, so stay mad," I said, looking over at Stiles with no emotion. He just scoffed and walked away.

We all headed back to the car, and I started driving, unknowingly following Malia's directions based on Noah's scent.

"Stop!" she yelled, and I hit the brakes immediately. "Turn here," she pointed toward some rundown train tracks.

We all got out and started looking around for some type of clues. You know, I am really starting to feel like we are the gang from Scooby-Doo.

"He didn't want you to call me, did he?" Malia asked me.

"Nope, but Stiles doesn't want a lot of things right now," I sighed, walking with Malia and Scott while Stiles lagged behind.

"Stella, are you okay? I feel this heavy pressure of sadness and anger, and no offense, but it's very uneasy," Malia said.

"We kind of broke up, I guess," I shrugged, still unclear where we stand.

"Yeah, we kind of broke up, too," Scott said, walking a little faster to get ahead.

"Well, I guess everyone broke up with Stiles," I sighed. Turning to Malia, I asked, "Hey, if something was happening with you, you would tell me, right? You can talk to me." I added on.

"I said I'd help find this kid, and I'm doing it to save Stiles' dad. Don't ask me to talk," Malia shut me down, trying to walk a little faster.

"Well, I'm not asking. I'm offering. I'm just saying it's okay if you want to," I said.

"I know," she said and then quickly stopped in her tracks. "I got it. I got his scent." She turned to me.

Malia was tracking him down all the way to the sewers, a place I am no big fan of—rats running around like it was a playground, and, might I add, it smelled like something was dying down here, mixed with feces and urine. I gagged a few times from the smell. I felt something on my foot before I looked down, praying that it wasn't a rat.

"AHHH!" I screamed, jumping up. They all turned, looking at me frightened. "There was a big cockroach on my shoe," I stammered, feeling shivers run down my back. "Scott, wipe that smirk off your face; I can feel it." I rolled my eyes, and he chuckled in reply.

We kept walking for what felt like hours until Malia stopped in her tracks, looking over at a pipeline with blood on it. She wiped her finger on it and took a smell.

"This is Noah's. He was here. I think he's close," Malia said, looking around.

"Guys..." Scott called us over. "I think we've been down tunnels like this before, like when we were trying to find Liam and Hayden." Scott said, and as I looked around, it was true—we ran around these tunnels many, many times.