Chapter 26

I pulled up in front of Scott's house, seeing Stiles working on his Jeep in the driveway. As I turned off my car and got out, locking the door behind me, I greeted Stiles with a small smile. He looked up at me and smiled back, ripping something out of his car.

"Uh, that looks important," I said, looking at it with wide eyes.

"Well, let's hope not," Stiles shrugged and put it on the side of him. I shook my head and tried to get inside. Stiles suggested, "I wouldn't go in there."

"Why?" I asked him, scrunching my eyebrows in confusion.

"Liam is in there," he sighed, wiping the dirt off his hands.

"Ugh, why even talk? The kid tried to kill him, period, end of the story," I rolled my eyes and leaned against the Jeep, annoyed at the fact that Scott even gave him the time of day.

"That's true, but..." Stiles was interrupted by Scott walking out of his house. We both looked at him.

"So, what did he want?" I asked him, standing back up.

"To help," Scott said simply.

"You gonna let him?" Stiles asked, closing the hood of the car.

"Eventually, I guess," Scott shrugged a little unsure.

"Okay, but shouldn't he be a little higher on your priority list right now? I mean, since he's your only actual Beta," Stiles pointed out, which was kind of true.

"You didn't see the way he came at me. You didn't see the look in his eyes," Scott stammered.

"Well, I've been with you on a full moon, so I've seen that look," Stiles started heading over to the driver's side to see if the car would start. "You want to get the band back together, Scott, you don't leave out the drummer," Stiles said, and then the engine roared with a little bit of smoke coming out. "Success!" He yelled with a big smile, hitting his steering wheel with excitement.

Scott opened up the door for me, saying, "Ladies first." I thanked him while climbing into the back with my bag. I tried to put them on the side of me, but multiple containers were in the way.

"It's a minor leak. Very minor," Stiles said nervously, with wide eyes.

 Very minor," Stiles said nervously, with wide eyes

———

I woke up, stretching my legs a little. As I looked out the window, all I could see was the desert, tumbleweeds swirling around, and the sun beaming down on us. I popped my head up at the front, with Scott driving, and Stiles looking through a book.

"Well, look who finally woke up," Stiles said, still focused on his book.

"How long have I been out?" I asked, yawning.

"Half of the trip," Scott replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Mhm." I leaned back in my seat, pulling my hair up into a ponytail, and looked back out the window.