Chapter 6

Today, I found myself wandering the hallways alone. Stiles and Lydia were engaged in conversation with Parish, while Malia accompanied Derek in search of some pack-related matter. As for Scott and Kira, their whereabouts remained unknown to me. I gathered my books from my locker and made my way to my first class.

"Stella!" Someone called out my name, prompting me to turn around to see Mason and Scott rushing towards me

"What's wrong?" I inquired, scanning their anxious faces.

"Have you seen Liam?" Scott asked urgently. I shook my head slowly in response, confused by their worry.

"What's happening?" I pressed, seeking more information.

"He's disappeared," Mason stressed, running a hand through his hair. "I tried calling him, no answer. He even missed Coach's class."

"That's odd," I remarked, acknowledging how skipping Coach's class was out of character even for Liam.

"Mason, it'll be okay. We'll find him. Just go to class," I reassured him, watching him walk away.

Scott turned to me, visibly distressed. "What do I do, Stella? He's my responsibility."

"Hey, look at me," I urged, snapping my fingers in front of his face. "Scott, you're going to be a great Alpha. You just have to believe in yourself." I offered a comforting smile.

"Thanks, Stel," he said, embracing me briefly until his phone rang. He answered to find Liam on the other end.

"Sounds like you already know the answer to that, Scott. And tell Stella I said hi," Garrett's voice came through the line. Scott and I exchanged glances, perplexed by Garrett's unexpected call.

"Where is he?" Scott demanded, his patience waning.

"Come on. Like I'm actually going to tell you that?" Garrett scoffed.

"I'll give you the money," Scott offered, referencing what Stiles had mentioned about money in Garrett's locker.

"Yeah, you will. But that's not going to get you Liam back. You're going to have to put in a little more effort than that," Garrett replied slyly.

"What do you want?" Scott asked, growing increasingly impatient.

"I want the money. And Violet. Or you never see Liam again. Meet me by the buses, and Stella too," Garrett demanded before hanging up.

Scott pocketed his phone and headed towards the buses. We rushed to the area as the final bell signaled the end of class, avoiding detention by the teachers. Garrett stood there, holding his lacrosse stick.

"Okay, what do you want?" Scott questioned, getting straight to the point.

"You want me to go to Stilinski? I can do that. Or I can talk to my father. He's an FBI agent," Scott proposed.