Chapter 19

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, rubbing my eyes and slowly getting out of bed. After a brief stretch, I headed over to turn on the lights. Feeling mentally and physically drained from the events of the previous day, I decided to make a cup of coffee in the kitchen.

The night before, we had spent hours reading a book that Malia had found. No one left Scott's house until around 1 am. Adding to the exhaustion, Stiles was upset with me about relocating Kira. He expressed concern about the potential dangers and the fact that I could have been harmed. Reflecting on the situation, I acknowledged the risks I took, but saving someone made it worthwhile to me. Unfortunately, Stiles didn't seem to grasp that perspective.

Last Night

Stiles and I were engaged in a heated argument on the way home, mainly revolving around safety concerns. He was visibly upset, expressing his fear that I could have been seriously harmed and accusing me of not thinking things through. However, my perspective was rooted in the belief that my actions had prevented potential harm to Kira, Lydia, and even Stiles himself. Unfortunately, Stiles struggled to see things from my point of view.

Upon reaching my house, I hastily unbuckled my seat belt, eager to put an end to the intense discussion. To my surprise, Stiles exited the car alongside me.

"What are you doing?" I questioned, a mix of anger and confusion etched across my face.

"Stella, I'm trying to get you to understand," he pleaded. Ignoring his words, I turned away and began walking briskly.

"Stell, please," he continued to implore. Huffing, I crossed my arms and turned back to face him, raising an eyebrow.

"I just want to help people."

"That's the problem. You don't care about getting hurt. But do you know how I'll feel? I'll be devastated. If you die, I will literally go out of my freakin' mind. Think about all the people left standing at your funeral, trying to figure out how they're gonna live the rest of their lives now without you in it," Stiles expressed, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. I felt a deep sense of obligation to save everyone, but I began to realize that it might not always be the case.

Approaching Stiles, I gently wiped away a tear from his cheek. "You'll never be going to my funeral because I'm never leaving you, Stiles Stilinski."

End

I finished my coffee and proceeded to get ready for the day. After a shower, I changed into jeans and a random t-shirt, slipping on some Adidas. As I was about to step out of the door, my phone rang from an unfamiliar number.

"Hello?" I answered, walking out of my apartment and locking the door behind me.

"Hey, Stella, it's Theo," Theo Raeken. I hadn't realized he had my number.

"Oh, um, hey Theo. What's up?" I inquired, heading towards my car and unlocking the door.

"Yeah, can you do me a big favor?" he asked with a slightly shaky voice.

"Depends on what it is," I replied, tossing my books into the car.

"My car got messed up, and I was wondering if you could give me a ride to school," he explained. I hesitated, considering the oddity of the situation. "I would go to Scott, but he has a motorcycle, Kira is probably going with him, Stiles doesn't like me, Malia can't drive, and Lydia won't pick up," he added.

"It's okay, I got you," I said, starting the engine. "Text me your address." Moments later, I received his text, put it in my maps, and found it was only 10 minutes away, which relieved my worry about being late for school again.