Chapter 16

​​To distract myself from the Stiles situation, I joined the girls to assist Malia with her driving. I sat in the back with Kira, while Lydia occupied the front seat with Malia.

"Place your hands on the wheel at 10:00 and 2:00," I instructed Malia.

"Actually, the recommended position is 9:00 and 3:00, in case of a crash to avoid breaking your thumbs," Lydia informed us, fixing her lipstick in the mirror.

"I'd heal," Malia shrugged, glancing at Lydia.

"Save your strength and try not to wreck your new car," Lydia emphasized the 'new' part.

Malia started the car and pressed the gas gently.

"Good, good. There you go," Kira encouraged.

"Please shut up," Malia said, wide-eyed, focusing on the road.

"Okay, shutting up," Kira replied, reclining in her seat.

Things were going well until Malia kept going straight without turning the steering wheel, eventually veering off the road.

"Usually, you're supposed to stay on the road," I advised.

Ignoring us, Malia continued, and the car beeped warningly as she neared a tree.

"Move over!" Kira softly yelled.

"Why is it beeping?" Malia looked down.

"It's telling you not to hit the tree," Lydia explained, but we got closer to the tree.

"Turn the wheel!" I shouted. Malia turned it, but we ended up going in a circle.

"Well, this is a U-turn," I remarked.

"You said turn the wheel," Malia defended, looking at me in the rearview mirror.

After some explanation, Malia improved at driving. Lydia guided her to finish the session at the school.

"Have you talked to Stiles?" Lydia asked me.

"No," I crossed my arms, staring out the window.

"Stella, talk to him. Honestly, both of you are wrong. You should be supporting Stiles and that comment you said wasn't nice at all. You're basically implying that he is acting the Nogitsune, the same thing that killed Allison, but he's also going overboard with this kid," Lydia advised.

"Yeah you're right, what I said was definitely out of character," I Sighed. Lydia was like a big sister, and I shared everything with her, which I appreciated.

"Where are we?" Kira asked, looking out the window.

"Going back to school," Lydia replied.

"This isn't the way," Kira shook her head.

"Should I do a U-turn?" Malia suggested.

"No," Lydia immediately refused.

"You sure?" Malia asked.

"Yeah, keep going."

I sensed something unsettling ahead. Minutes later, the car stopped, and we discovered a flipped-over car with blood everywhere. Though it seemed everyone was dead, a hand raised for help.

"Call 911," Lydia instructed.

I quickly dialed the number, providing the necessary details. It took them 20 minutes, including Scott and Stiles, to arrive. As we got questioned, a missing kid named Donovan was mentioned, and Scott suggested using werewolf abilities to track him down.

"Hello," Scott's voice came from Parrish's walkie.

"Scott, is that you?" Parrish asked.

"Yeah, I found Donovan. He's completely freaked out, keeps mentioning a name," Scott said.