Chapter 45

!!!!!WARNING: SELF HARM!!!!!

Once the girl regained consciousness and had some water, she started talking. She told me that the police did this to her, not hunters, which means the police have been infiltrated by Monroe's army. We can't even ask the people who are supposed to help us for help.

There was nothing I could really do tonight. We have to wait until the morning to figure everything out. I handed the girl some change of clothes, and I let her sleep in my room while I took Allison's room.

"Wait," I stopped her from entering my room. "What's your name? You never said," I asked her.

"Quinn," she softly smiled at me.

"Well, I'm—" Before I could tell her, she answered it for me.

"Stella Argent-Hale. I know. Thank you again." She went into my room and closed the door behind her.

What the hell was that? I didn't have enough energy to even question her. I went into Ally's room and went straight to bed.

—-

The next morning, I shared with the group what happened, and they also had news to report. Theo was back in the station, locked up with two other werewolves. This day just keeps getting better and better.

We walked into the sheriff's station, and everything seemed fine. I saw the guard in the office before I went in, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see Theo behind bars. I walked in, and a smile grew on my face, seeing Theo look absolutely miserable.

"Shut it, Argent," Theo huffed, looking up at me. I tried to keep a straight face, but I burst out laughing on the verge of tears. "Ha ha ha, laugh it up."

"Wait, you're Stella Argent-Hale?" a boy spoke, sitting next to a girl. I nodded slowly. "We have been looking for you," his eyes started glistening, and his smile grew on his face.

 "We have been looking for you," his eyes started glistening, and his smile grew on his face

"Calm down. She can't help you, even if she wanted to," Theo spoke up. "She has to ask her Alpha." He turned to me. I ignored his comment and turned back to the boy.

He just kept looking at me, just like Quinn did. How do these people know who I am? I left the cell room and went back to the group. I needed to figure out what the hell was going on, and Quinn is the first person I need to talk to. I opened the door, and they were all arguing about what to do with the two kids.

"I'm not letting them out. We've got two bodies covered in slash marks. They confessed to killing two people," the Sheriff said when I entered.

"Hunters," Scott clarified.

"People, Scott. Self-defense or not, they're still here. The other guys are dead. And there's a process I have to follow," the Sheriff put his foot down with this situation.

"Yeah, but you know what's happening around here. It's not safe for them," Scott pleaded with the Sheriff to try to reason with him.

"This may actually be the safest place for them in Beacon Hills. At least I can protect them here," the sheriff stated.