Chapter 12

We were in Scott's room, attempting to locate an item for Malia to sniff and track. While I could track him to some extent, I wasn't the most proficient tracker, unlike Malia.

Stiles rummaged through his closet and tossed me a jacket. "What about this?"

"Negative. Fabric softener," I replied, discarding the jacket onto his bed. Stiles rushed over to Scott's bathroom and retrieved his underwear.

 Stiles rushed over to Scott's bathroom and retrieved his underwear

"You're kidding. If I won't endure that smell, there's no way Malia will," I retort.

"Come on, Scott and Kira's lives are on the line," Stiles insists, shaking the underwear at me, urging me to take it. Glancing around the room, my eyes land on his pillow, and I decide to grab and sniff it.

"Well, that works too," I say as he nonchalantly throws the underwear back into the basket. We hurry downstairs to find Liam waiting in the kitchen.

"Oh! Liam, go home. You're not coming with us," Stiles declares.

"Why not?" Liam questions.

"Because it's a full moon, and I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out," Stiles replies, and I can't argue with his logic.

"You can lock me up, right? Chain me down to the back seat or something?" Liam suggests.

"You tore through the last chains, remember?" I remind him, recalling that crazy night when I considered knocking the little twerp out a few times.

"Yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there," Stiles adds sarcastically.

"Okay, then where do we get carbonite?" Liam asked. I glanced at him and then directed a questioning look at Stiles.

"Seriously, you haven't seen it either?" I asked. Stiles and I walked back to the door, but Liam jumped in our way.

"Wait! What if we put me in the trunk?" Liam suggested.

"You'd get out of that, too," I shook my head.

"Liam, you've been a werewolf all of five minutes. You don't have to do this," Stiles told him.

"I know I don't, but I want to. There's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger trunk, or something," Liam insisted. Despite being a pain in the ass, I couldn't deny he was helpful when needed.