Reminders

June 9th, 2023

I catch myself looking at you and hoping there never comes a day that we are no longer.
Hating just how quickly things can ignite then die without warning.
Feeling the way my heart clenches at even the slightest thought of saying goodbye to the moments of;
endless laughter and snorts, the ones where I want to shove my head in the ground and disappear.
The mashed potato and gravy smeared across my face and body, the light in our eyes as we chased each other.
The silence of just holding each other hands while driving in the truck, finding new places to explore.
The notes scattered everywhere for each other, never allowing the other to leave without something of us.
The mumbles of panic as I'm doing something I don't think I'm capable of and the soft murmurs of encouragement from your lips.
The blissful moments of being wrapped together tightly, no possible space between us to breathe.
The ugly moments of where I'm lost within my head and your sweet words of understanding guide me back.
The loud specific music you like as you're dancing away in your drivers seat, a look of complete amusement always across my face.
The candle lit dinners that consist of hand holding and admiring each other.
The working out together and the tiny looks of mischief we send to each other during rests.
The constant things that are specific to us that makes my heart always skip a beat, my reminder that you are my person.