My Heart Aches For It

January 10th, 2024

My eyes flickering over to you in the drivers seat, my lungs suddenly refusing to fill with air.
The sorrow striking through my heart as it's reminded that this is how things used to be, all those months ago;
Every moment filled with my heart beating frantically in my chest, completely overcome with the love that poured from it for you.
Captivated by every single thing you did or said - doomed and in love with you.
Booming laughter, teasing remarks that were filled with innocence, and the shock of essentially never truly arguing.
My lungs constantly battling with me as I could barely fathom your beauty when I looked at you.
Overcome with the need to show you everything I possible could, to shower you in my love and affection.
Our love was intoxicating to me; it breathed fire and ice into my veins, addicting and terrifying.
I was incapable of believing it could be real, causing unforgivable pain.
Now our love is filled with a cold desperation and a strong need of vengeance.
It steels my heart more than it opens it, no longer innocent or naive to the power it has.
With my eyes searching your own, the music playing, and the easy smile on our faces;
I wonder if we'll ever have that original feeling back like this very moment.
My heart aches for it.