21.7 Before you walked in - final part

Khushi stared at the object that fell in her lap from the 'sky' while Arnav's breath hitched seeing what just happened. If Khushi saw a girl's watch that was falling from the top of a cupboard, clearly indicating it was hidden from her, she would react badly. Damn it! He should have been more careful.

'Now good luck explaining this to her, you idiot!' he said to himself and was trying to form a story in his mind when she exclaimed,

"My watch! Oh my god, I have been looking for it for months. Where did you find this, Arnav?"

"wh- what? Excuse me? Your watch? Why- would it be?" he asked incoherent questions as his mind went completely blank trying to decipher what that meant...

But Khushi was so overjoyed that she found her watch. She had gotten it personalized for herself. It was more special because she had gotten it after bagging the first deal in her company. She had lost it some time ago and even after trying to remember when she wore it last, she couldn't trace it. To find it today, like this, made her so happy!

"It has my initials, see?" She showed him the engraved initials in the dial and his eyes widened in shock. Why hadn't he paid more attention to it before? This was HER watch. It means the girl he spent a night with in Lonawala months ago, was her!!!

He started smiling, almost laughing at that realization. Seeing him suddenly change his mood from tense to cheerful, she frowned.

"What is there to smile in this?"

He paused his laughter session and decided to reveal the secret he had just stumbled upon to her. Holding her hands in his, still sitting by her feet while she sat on the same chair, he asked her,

"Khushi, sweetheart, did you go to Lonawala in recent times? Say about 7 months ago?"

She gave a small nod. She would never forget that trip!

"And -erm- did you stay in Hotel Sun N Sand?" he asked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. He wanted to be closer to her as his questions would lead her to the memory of that night, they spent with each other without realizing their identity!

She nodded again. Where was he going with this?

"Sweetheart, why you left my room that morning without talking to me? Why did you not tell me your name? Why did you make me crazy about you and then disappear? And then, you came back in my life, you have been in front of me all these months and I didn't even know you were the girl I spent the best night of my life with but never properly met her."

Her face reflected so many emotions as he kept revealing who he really was, how they had already got very closer many days before their 'official' first meeting. She felt her head spin with happiness realizing Arnav was the guy she had spent that night with. She had tried to find the mystery man when HE was with her all this time! She had accidentally left behind her watch that morning before leaving his hotel room... And most importantly, Arnav was her baby's daddy!!!

This was crazy! And impossible! And amazing!!!

Wait, did he realize who he truly was to Kappu yet? She grinned as she thought that this would be the perfect moment to tell him the final secret about that night...

"Arnav, I think there is one more thing about that night that you missed." she said, grinning ear to ear.

"Really? What would that be?"

She freed her hands from his, took hold of his one hand and kept it on her tummy. Kappu immediately kicked, showing he/she was also listening.

"We didn't use protection that night... and this baby- I conceived kappu that night..." she told him, while a slight blush also made its presence on her cheeks.