17. Husband of our daughter - part 3

Writing a story based on Chupke chupke and not including this legend song would have been a blasphemy! so here you go-

Prachibartar this one's for you with a Holi scene, and thanks for the sweetest reviews! ❤

--*--

Arnav-Khushi's ritualistic wedding was now only 4 days away while Khushi and Laad Singh i.e. Arnav-in-disguise's affair was going on in full swing taking Shashi and Garima's peace away. Amidst that Devyani Raizada's call about Khushi's in-law's upcoming visit put them more in a pickle!

Today was Holi and with Khushi's would be sister-in-law and her husband coming to greet them, especially to meet Khushi, Shashi and Garima got busy with all the preparations to welcome them. Perhaps, if they outdid themselves in hosting the Raizadas, they won't notice Khushi's closeness with the 'driver'.

Unbeknownst to them Raizadas were well-acquainted with this 'driver' and in fact encouraged his 'closeness' with Khushi! If anything, they were eager to meet their grandson/brother/brother-in-law/best friend today...

.

.

"Sir, I won't be able to serve you today afternoon. I want a half-day leave." Arnav came to them sometime after his nani's call.

"Leave? You haven't even worked for 1 week and you already want a leave? May I ask, why?" Shashi asked, sternly. This driver was so lazy that Shashi decided to complain about him to Daamadji when he arrives.

"Sir, I- erm- I have chromophobia and with Holi celebrations-" Arnav said with an already thought of excuse. He had to avoid being there when his Nani and Di came. Although they knew of this plan, he was sure his nani and di would say or do something that would bust his ploy...

"What phobia?" Shashi asked. This driver always spoke in such a good English that sometimes Shashi wondered what education did he have. But then again, he was daamadji's driver that too from Mumbai where everyone spoke in fluent English.

"Chromophobia sir, I have phobia of colors. So, I always avoid Holi." Arnav lied with sheer brilliance! Khushi who was hearing this hiding behind a wall, chuckled.

Arnav was the most excited about Holi this year and in fact, had brought colors with him last night itself and was the first one to put colors on her this morning. She blushed remembering their morning rendezvous. This was their first Holi as a married couple and they had a perfect start of it by coloring each other in their love!

.

Meanwhile, Garima saw this as a good opportunity to have Laad Singh out of sight when Khushi's in-law's visit, and she whispered in Shashi's ears to grant him a leave. And so, Laad Singhji was allowed to be MIA during holi...

"Baap re, ye driver itni acchi angrezi kaise bol leta hai? Oxford se padh ke aaya hai kya(Oh god, how does this driver speak such a fluent English? Has he studied in Oxford)?" Shashi spoke looking at Arnav's retreating figure and Arnav smirked as he heard it.

"No babuji, Harvard se(from Harvard)."Arnav mumbled under his breath which Shashi didn't hear. Thankfully.

--*--

As decided, in the early evening around 5pm, Arnav's Nani, his Anjali Di, her husband Aman (who was also Arnav's best friend) and Arnav and Anjali's cousin Aakash came to Gupta Mansion. Arnav who had used the 'leave' to spend quality time with his Nani and Di came with them and managed to enter Khushi's bedroom before Shashi or Garima saw him...