13.8 Thodi Si Bewafai - part 8

Somewhere in Singapore:

Arnav was in deep sleep and then that nightmare appeared again: Khushi and her ex-boyfriend Dr. Nishant in a hug! He stood there rooted to his place, his heartbeats suddenly dropping to a very low level! What he saw had made him numb more than anything. His worst fears had come true. No matter what he did, he couldn't save his marriage from becoming what his parents had. Bewafai- infidelity! One thing he had sworn off, one thing he himself had never indulged in as his wife was first and last woman in his life and his heart and the only thing, he had asked of her-his wife of 4 years-she couldn't do that! And then her shouting at him 'I feel suffocated with you' did make HIM feel suffocated. He was struggling to take breathes as he saw her leave...he reached out to stop her, but she didn't even look back-

And then the alarm clock went off indicating it was time to wake up!

Bheegi bheegi si hai raatein Bheegi bheegi, yaadein Bheegi bheegi, baatein Bheegi bheegi
aankhon mein kaisi nami hai
(The nights are drenched, The memories are drenched, The conversations are drenched. Why is there dampness in these drenched eyes)

Sapnon ka saya palkon pe aaya, Pal mein hasaya pal mein rulaya, Phir bhi yeh kaisi kami hai
(The shadow of dreams is on my eyelashes, It made me laugh for a moment and then cry, But still what kind of incompleteness exists)

Na jaane koi kaisi hai yeh zindagani, zindagani, Hamari adhuri kahani
(No one knows what this life is, Our story left incomplete)

He reached out to pull the person closer to himself. He hugged her to his heart and as she snuggled closer to him, he kissed her cheeks. No matter who else, he wouldn't let this one person leave him. Ever. His child. The one thing he would always be indebted to Khushi for, for giving him his lifeline, his family, the only person who would never leave him and he wouldn't let her!

Then, carefully unentangling himself from his baby girl-his Aaradhya, he went near the window. What would she be doing at this moment? Khushi- as he allowed his mind to whisper her name. Would she have settled in her new routine, with her new family? Does she miss him, does she miss them?

Then shaking his head to clear these thoughts, he went to get a shower and get ready for the day. Just because he had paused his thoughts at her, doesn't mean she too would have...right?

--*--

Mumbai

Khushi was staring at the note in her hand once again, like last 3 years, even though the paper had started to be worn out and the ink fading away, but the words were just as clear. This was the note Arnav had left her that day when he left, along with the necessary papers for divorce and the apartment papers transferring on her name:

"Khushi,

I know it is too late, but I wish yesterday was a nightmare for I got to know too many things I didn't know in the 4 years of our marriage. You had told me you had a past, and I had accepted it, didn't I? Then, why did you make me believe that you wanted to move on from it? If you felt that much uncomfortable, that suffocated with me, why didn't you say it before? I'd have done everything to make it alright for you. But not this way, Khushi. Why did you make me believe in our marriage, made me feel the warmth of a family and then walked out? I had told you how much loyalty meant to me, didn't I?

Anyway, I am still trying to make things alright now. I realize now that I had kept you trapped with me. but you are free now khushi. It is clear after what you said yesterday and as your brother said, you don't need me, or anything related to me in your life. So, I am leaving Khushi, and ensuring you will not have to deal with me any longer. I am sorry for hurting you. And I will always be thankful to you for giving me my reason to live, for giving me my baby, for giving me Aaradhya. I am taking her with me.