11.7 AMCS - part 7

Arnav was singing to himself as he drove to Lavanya's house-The Kashyap Mansion- after his 'ring' shopping. He was totally and sadly oblivious to what had transpired at Lavanya's house until he reached there.

.

.

Manish and Maya Raizada had been ecstatic when Lavanya told them or rather showed them the poem Arnav had written for her, expressing his love. Lavanya's own parents had been overjoyed. Both families had always hoped that their kids would one day fall in love and get married but looking Arnav's nature which was very reserved, they couldn't guess what he really thought about Lavanya.

But it seemed they need not worry, as he had cleared their doubts.

They were still absorbing the happy shock, when they got another one, apparently Arnav had held whole 'Kanishq' -an exclusive Diamond jewelry shop, hostage until he purchased a ring! An engagement ring! As soon as Arnav stepped out of the shop, shop's proud manager phoned Manish Raizada to share the news. So, if they had any doubt before, it was all clarified now, Arnav indeed wanted to marry Lavanya. Why would he shop for an engagement ring right before coming to her birthday party otherwise? He wanted to surprise her on her birthday, they all concluded.

.

.

Arnav parked his car in front of Kashyap Mansion. As expected for any of the parties at this house or his, there were hordes of media reporters eager to cover every minute of this party!

Double checking the velvet box of the ring in his pocket, when he stepped inside the party hall, his eyes widened in shock because instead 'birthday theme', there were decorations for an 'engagement party'! Most shocking thing being a huge banner saying 'Happy Engagement Arnav and Lavanya'!

What. The. Heck!!!

"SURPRISE!" he heard in loud chorus as one by one his mom, dad, Lavanya's mom, dad and then Lavanya herself came in front of him. Dressed in beautiful knee length dress, she looked gorgeous, but sadly Arnav did not have any other feelings for her than a genuine admiration as a friend!

She immediately came forward and hugged him, smiling ear to ear.

Arnav didn't know how to stop all this without making a scene. There surely was some confusion, a major one. And he needed to clear it. But he also had to consider they were surrounded by who's who of their parents' friend circle. Both family's reputation was at stake...

Soon, media captured the moment as Lavanya linked her arm with his and waved to the flashing cameras!

--*--

Vimla aunty was shocked when she saw Saahil on TV, she knew this guy who worked at their neighbor's bookshop since a month and in fact was often seen with Khushi. Eager to share this with Garima, she came out of her house and luckily spotted Khushi there.

Khushi was in her own thoughts, Saahil hadn't shown up at the bookshop today, he hadn't even replied to her calls or messages, had he decided to say 'No' to the proposal her babuji had put forward? Did he run away? Why was he suddenly distancing himself from her?

Just then, she heard Vimla aunty calling her,

"Arre o khushi. Ye dekh TV pe, apna saahil babua (See, it's Saahil babua on TV)" she said, and a shocked Khushi followed Vimla aunty in her home

Sure enough, there was a breaking news! With Saahil and a girl- a girl she knew as Lavanya Kashyap! But what shocked her most was, what the news reporter said,