21.6 BYWI - part 6

The song added above has no direct connection to the story except falling in love during pregnancy <3.

--*--

Aman watched his best friend at loss for words while his very pregnant girlfriend was looking at him with fire in her eyes! Gosh, if they stayed there for some more time, he was sure they would be barbequed alive! "Speak up dude, don't screw this up more. At least for my life's sake!" aman whispered near Arnav's ears.

But Arnav was clearly teleported back into the era when we had silent movies and heroes and heroines emoted with their eyes instead of dialogues! Arnav's eyes were begging Khushi to not probe him any further at the moment, but stars weren't aligned for that tonight :P

"I am waiting for an answer Arnav, why should I not meet Nihal?" Khushi asked again, this time loudly and a few other people on the adjoining tables looked at them curiously.

Payal decided to intervene now before this turned more heated, "Khush, we'll talk about it after going home. Abhi khana kha lete hai (let's have our dinner for now)."

"You stay out of this, payal!" snapped the 'pregnant lady' and her addressing her best friend as payal instead of the foodie-nickname Pie meant she was serious. With that payal too accepted her defeat.

Now all hopes were pinned on Arnav. His answer would decide if Khushi and he had a future (and mainly if they all would be finishing their dinner tonight! At least, baby Kappu hoped so and was really getting hungry!)

"Urghh!" Khushi got up feeling frustrated and decided to leave. Arnav's silence was really making her angry and sad, she felt her eyes water and before she would turn into a mess, she thought it was best she left...

Carefully controlling her tears, she probably only took a few steps away from the table when Arnav's voice came from behind,

"I don't want you to go because I have fallen in love with your baby!"

Aman who had decided to drink water in the meantime to tame his hunger spat the mouthful of it. Payal dropped the cutlery she had in her hands. And the curious onlookers started checking their ears to see if they heard this right. It was a love confession alright, but for a baby... A baby?

Khushi turned around as Arnav also got up and took steps towards her, his face displaying nothing but love...

"Kya kaha abhi tumne(what did you just say)?"

He smiled and stepped closer, "Yes Khushi. I am in love with this little one." he said while lightly caressing the baby bump and felt a kick from her tummy. They both smiled seeing that response of Kappu's to Arnav's words.

"Khushi, I have tried to deny my feelings for a long time, I didn't even understand this was love for a long time. But now, I am very sure it's nothing but love. And I want to be in Kappu's life. For forever." He said while everyone around was looking at them with wide smiles. They had never heard this type of confession before, and it was indeed cute!

Khushi was beaming with joy, although her eyes were still watery... It was obvious she was overwhelmed. And then something struck her,

"Arnav, wait. This love confession, I mean, you do understand it's a package deal, right? The baby and me? If you want to be in her(baby's) life, I would be in it too?" Khushi asked with an adorable pout (And some tears).

He chuckled a little and came closer to her to wipe her tears, "Of course I do. Tumse toh mujhe pehli nazar mein hi pyar ho gaya tha Ms. CEO (It was love at first sight for me about you). But this little one, we have had a hate-to-love relationship. All those times when I was taking care of you, I was also subconsciously taking care of the baby. The only thing was that I didn't want to accept it. All those times when I was asking you to eat healthy, to be careful, was worrying over when the baby hadn't kicked yet, were all signs, weren't they? Isn't this what you call natural parental instincts?"