12. Ye Dil Tum Bin... (OS)

A/N – A brief intro about arnav-khushi of this one part story. They are engaged to be married and both are experiencing first bouts of love for the person they are betrothed to! It's a pehla pehla pyar (first love) for both and thus, has a lot of innocent feelings involved. Also, all are positive characters in here, including shyam!

--*--

His phone dinged with notification of a message, and he stopped eating his breakfast. Sure enough, it was a message from her...As he opened it and read the content, Arnav had a goofy, boyish smile on his face.

From: Khushi -"Ye dil tum bin kahi lagta nahin, hum kya karein (my heart can't find peace without you, what to do)? Tum hi keh do ab ae jaan-e-wafa hum kya karein?"

Arnav sighed. How was he supposed to go with his day now? He already missed her so damn much and couldn't do anything about it. There were still 4 months and 15 days for their wedding. 137 days! His mind added. Their families wanted to wait for right muhurat(auspicious time) which was so far away! And here his fiancé was making it more and more difficult for him to stay without her for even a minute more, let alone DAYS!

"God, Khushi! I love you!" he whispered and typed the next line of this song. She had made him listen this song a few days back and he had learnt the lyrics...

"Tassawur mein koi basta nahin hum kya karein? (No one else finds a place in my heart, what should I do?) Tum hi keh do ab ae jaan-e-ada hum kya karein? (Oh my love, you tell me what should I do?)"

He was still smiling as he hit the send button!

And probably didn't realize his Di and Jiju who were seating nearby and keeping a keen eye on him and heard him, clearly, when he said 'I love you' while typing on his phone! He himself gave them a new thing to tease about!

His Shyam jiju(who was also his Khushi's cousin by the way and who had brought this alliance, for which Arnav would be eternally thankful to him), and his Anjali Di shared a teasing glance. And then, she snatched an unsuspecting Arnav's mobile.

"DI!" he chided, half irritated, half shocked, trying to get his phone back.

"Aha! I will give the phone back if you tell us, who you were chatting with?" she said in a teasing tone, knowing fully well who was her brother talking to...

"DI!" he said in indignant tone now! How could his di tease him so much?

"Accha baba mat batao (Ok, fine, don't tell me)! Waise khushi ko batana padega (by the way, I have to tell Khushi), ye sab abhi enjoy kar lein (enjoy all this now only). Ek baar shadi ho jaye toh husbands ko kaam ke alawa kuch yaad nahi rehta, romance toh dur ki baat hai (Once you get married, husbands remember only about work, romance is far fetched thing)." Anjali said, with a pout and Arnav looked at his Jiju whose face had paled.

"Come on Di, this is not possible. I will always find time for Khushi and I know jiju does too." Arnav said, taking his jiju's side and moreover he believed he would always have time to romance his wife. Heck, there won't be any time limit for his romance then!

"What not possible? Hota hai(happens). Loving fiancés become heartless monsters after they become husbands!" she said, half to Arnav and half to her husband, Shyam. 

"What? Rani sahiba! That's a bit too much! How am I a heartless monster?" Shyam felt compelled to defend himself.

"The person who forgets his anniversary is a heartless monster." she reminded him his 'monstrous mistake'!