4.1 Tu mane ya na mane (preview)

The Raizada family and Gupta family's friendship was deep rooted and going strong since 3 generations, despite the stark difference in their social status. While Raizada family spoke of old money, Gupta family was a humble middle class. But that didn't come in between the warmth 2 families shared. Coincidentally both families had their roots in Lucknow, which even after living in Delhi for years hadn't become weak.

Today was one such an evening when Shashi and Garima Gupta along with Shashi's widowed elder sister Madhumati, and Shashi's 2 daughters Payal and Khushi were invited for dinner at Shantivan, the Raizada mansion. Pretty much everyone from Raizada family was welcoming and warm towards them which included family matriarch Devyani Raizada, her son Manohar, his wife Manorama and their son Akash and Devyani's late daughter's elder child, Anjali. Only one person was missing. Anjali's younger brother, the ever aloof, ever grumpy, brooding young lad, Arnav!

--*--

Arnav Singh Raizada was busy doing one of his favorite things, (apart from watching her of course), read his old diaries. This one habit of his always helped him express his thoughts which he otherwise couldn't in words. Especially not in front of her.

'Chupana bhi nahi aata , Jatana bhi nahi aata (I can't even hide, can't even express)
Humein tumse mohabbat hai, Batana bhi nahi aata (I can't even tell you, I love you)|'

He picked one of his dairies from few years ago and the entry that the-then-19-years-old Arnav had made in it

"I don't like my French class. Why didn't I opt for Hindi as an elective language? I could have watched her from close, instead of standing outside her class every day."

Arnav smiled at the memory. It was when they were in junior college and he had chosen French as an elective language, but she had chosen Hindi. And the Romeo he had recently become, would stand outside her class, and watch her. Now if only he could muster enough courage and speak to her!

--*--

Khushi and Lavanya were best friends since school days. While most of Khushi's days were spent at Lavanya's big mansion-like house, Khushi was aware of the differences between their statuses. Kashyaps were a very rich family, just like Raizadas (though both families didn't really know each other), while Guptas were only rich in values!

Another difference was Lavanya's parents were very arrogant and unwelcoming, unlike Raizadas. Khushi liked being around Raizada family. Most people made her feel welcome! Most, except a certain Arnav Singh Raizada, who always intimidated her! Not just at home, but even since her college days, she had found him always hovering closer to her but when she smiled at him, he would be frowning at her and then ignoring her. Never making an eye-contact!

In fact, he barely ever talked with her. Maybe he didn't consider her his equal to talk? Like Lavanya's parents, was he also averse to middle-class people? She didn't care much anyway.

--*--

After years of being a silent admirer of her, today finally it seemed like she herself took a first step. Arnav was elated when she had herself called and asked if they could meet at a coffee shop near her house. He had immediately agreed. In fact he reached 30 minutes before the agreed time and was waiting for her.

And she came! Looking like an angel, like every time! He swore he was openly drooling!

'Chori chori chupke chupke, Tumko dekha karte hai (I keep watching you secretly)
Haal-e dil sunane se, Na jane kyon darte hai (but don't know why can't tell you what I feel)
Kitna pagal dil hai mera, Manana bhi nahi aata (I cant convince my silly heart)
Humein tumse mohabbat hai, Batana bhi nahi aata (I can't even tell you, that I love you)'

He pulled a chair for her and ordered their drinks. He was still struggling to initiate the talk when the ever-talkative her spoke,

"Arnav. I will be very frank and won't beat around the bush. My best friend Lavanya likes you and want to go on a date with you. But she is scared to ask you. So I am here to help her."

Wait. What? Here he was thinking his luck finally worked and his silent love for Khushi was being acknowledged but she was talking about him and Lavanya? what the-?

"Please Arnav, you know she's a nice girl. Please go on a date with her? Please?" Khushi made a cute face and Arnav couldn't say no to it!

And thus started a complicated love story of Arnav, Khushi and Lavanya!

--*--

A/N – You probably got it. Love triangle but Arnav is in love with Khushi and hasn't been able to express it, while Khushi is oblivious to it. I couldn't write a full chapter but thought to post a preview for now. Next update in 2022 now :P

And yes, pls listen the song I posted above; I LOVE it. It was one of the inspirations for this SS along with the title song (i'll post it next).

Finally, to my readers of "Bikhre Moti" series, wish you a very Happy New Year! See you in 2022, with more amazing stories. stay tuned, tc :)