Prologue: The Chosen

A/N:..........right, hi all. It's definitely been a long time, hasn't it? I think the last time I updated anything was October 2022. I won't go into a whole thing and explain why I have been inactive for a while, but I'll just say that it was work, personal life, and a few very and I mean very personal matters happening that could not be ignored, that and I need a break from this. I didn't want to create something that was forced and something I didn't like that I would have to work around as I progressed because it would lead to me trying to make it work and I'd end up messing it up, so I needed to take a step back and take a breather. Honestly, I can't say that I'll be able to update frequently since i don't have an update schedule, but all I can do is try and make an effort and at least tell you guys where I'm at and what I'm doing instead of keeping you all in the dark, so that's something I'm gonna need to work on. Anyways, I had this story and another one constantly going around in my head, and I thought, "Hey, this could be interesting," and I decided to give it a shot. I'm not sure if I'll create that other story I mentioned just yet, but we'll have to see, won't we? Anyway I hope you enjoy this.

3rd POV: Our friendly neighbourhood hero was swinging across the city of New York in the middle of the night. His mood was significantly dim. He was getting somewhere with MJ until both he and the red head were teleported to a different world. A post-apocalyptic earth where they ran into a man named Paul, to cut a long story short, MJ sent him back to their earth where he spent all his time and energy in finding a way back to her, even fighting through his allies who tried to question him. He eventually found a way back and was so happy to see MJ, but that was destroyed when he saw Paul and 2 children. When asked about them, he wished he never did.

For MJ said that they were her family.

To add further insult to injury, she was married to Paul. Peter had never been so heartbroken, all that time, all the sacrifices he made, all for nothing. By the time they all made it back to his universe, MJ and Peter spoke privately. MJ stated that Peter was gone for so long, and she baisicly gave up hope that he would ever get back to her and that she also couldn't handle being with him with all the things he's been doing as spiderman and never making time for her. Needless to say, Peter was frustrated, He wanted to yell at her, curse her, let the whole world hear how unfair she was. Did she not know what he had to? What bridges did he have to burn? (then again, those bridges were burning when, instead of agreeing to help him, they tried to detain and question him, there was also the fact that he held a few grudges for past aggressions from certain people).

Once MJ was done speaking, he said nothing back to her and simply swung away from her and her new family. Not long later, he got a message from almost baisicly every team to say he was no longer a part of them. Spiderman was so sick and tired and just did not care, and he just wanted the day to be over.

Spidey landed on a roof in his famous crouching position. Clouds were rolling in, and soon thunder and lightning struck across the sky, and rain poured heavily across the city and his form.

 Clouds were rolling in, and soon thunder and lightning struck across the sky, and rain poured heavily across the city and his form