Chapter 48: Stalling.

A/N: I apologise for any spelling mistakes I make.

A/N: Also, 2 questions for you all. What are your thoughts on Spiderman's updated look in Marvel rivals, do you like it? If so which suit do you like better:

The classic red and blue comic look?

Or

The updated Marvel rivals look?

A/N: let me know what you guys think and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

3rd POV: Spidey and veranke stared at each other in absolute silence, both ignoring the many skrulls that are currently aiming their weapons at the intruding wallcrawler, intending to kill if he so much as took one step.

"Spiderman." The Queen of the skrulls adeessed the webslinger, he voice echoing in the very silent room.

Spidey didn't make a sound. His sole focus was on veranke, though he did take a second to acknowledge super skrull slowly approaching him, his arms slightly extended and hands covered in rock and fire.

(Omniverses)

Chris Redfield narrowed his eyes at super skrull.

'Damm bastard.' He mentally thought.

Meanwhile, in the DC omniverse, Martian manhunter (JLU and YJ) and Miss Martian (YJ) took in the appearance of the skrulls. They could've easily mistaken them for a Martian with their appearances and their appearant ability to shapeshift.

"Think this will end peacefully?" Artemis (YJ) asked.

"Maybe." Nightwing (YJ) said. "But then again, this is a race that tried to take over the earth last time. Who knows if they'll listen to Peter anyway?" The former Robin said.

"Think their queen will at least hear him out?" Miss Martian asked.

"She might." Aqualad spoke. "But the real question is, even if she does listen, will Peter be able to give enough time for cerebro to be built?" He asked.

"If things go south, Spiderman could always send the fleet away via a portal." Zatanna spoke.

(Earth 616)

"You must be extremely confident in your abilities to come aboard an enemy vessel to seek an audience with me." Veranke said, crossing one leg over the other and leaning her head on her right hand, he eyes narrowing on the masked face of Spiderman. "But in the end, it doesn't matter if you have magic on your side. The skrulls will prevail over you." She said.

"I don't want to fight Veranke." Peter said. "Like I said when I came aboard, I want to talk, nothing more." Peter said. "Let's not start another invasion, veranke. Let's settle this peacefully." He urged.

Veranke said nothing as she continued to stare at the hero from Queens before her eyes softened slightly. However, they soon hardened once more when Super Skrull spoke.

"Cease your prattling Spiderman." The skrull with the powers of the fantastic four ordered. "You can not hope to dissuade us from taking what is rightfully ours." Super skrull then aggressively approached Spiderman with the wallcrawler tensing, getting ready for a fight. "You should have not come here alone, fool, now you will perish -" Superman skrull raised his hands, ready to pummel Spiderman before he was cut off by the Queen.

"Enough." Veranke commanded, causing all the skrulls to tense at the command. "Lower your weapons." She ordered, and some did so whilst others were hesitant to abide by the order. "Now." Veranke ordered again, and this time, all the skrulls lowered their weapons, but their hostilities towards Spiderman persisted. "That includes you as well, super skrull." Veranke said as she saw that said skrull had not powered down.