Chapter 31: He must win.

A/N: I apologise for any spelling mistakes I make.

3rd POV: Spiderman carried an unconscious mileena and gently placed her near sister, Ben carried the dead corpse of Jax over to the other dead bodies and placed him down, closing the S.F's eyes before moving to stand next to a silent kaine who was observing a silently seething liu kang.

(Omniverses)

Everyone bowed their heads in silent respect for the fallen warriors who died protecting their home from the invaders

(Mortal kombat universe)

Spiderman sighed. Out of all of their allies, the only ones who survived were johny Cage, sonya Blade, psylocke, Storm, Kitana, Jade, Skarlet, Mileena, Tanya and kung Lao. From what a semi awake Betsy told him, they were planning their next move before being ambused by the cyber lin kuei. After taking them out, sindel stepped in and practically annihilated half of the earthrealm defenders and came close to killing almost everyone had psylocke, and Storm not reacted accordingly and stopped her when she nearly succeeded.

Glancing behind him, he saw the chosen one of the shaolin watching over his fellow monk before looking back at the bodies of the dead, his anger boiling to the surface. Spiderman remembered when Raiden explained his and Liu kang's abscence, saying that the 2 went to consult the elder gods and get their aid in stopping the invasion, but it ended in failure. Peter could assume that Liu kang was feeling guilt for not staying to fight alongside his fellow kombatants. Spidey walked behind the shaolin and placed a hand on his back.

"We'll make sure their deaths weren't in vain." Spiderman said, his grip on Liu kang's shoulder slightly tightening. "We owe it to them." He said.

"My heart is heavy with their sacrifice." A voice says, and Spiderman turns around to see the approaching God of thunder.

"Their deaths achieved nothing!" The shaolin exploded on his ally, pointing at the dead bodies of their comrades. Raiden said nothing, merely grabbing his amulet and staring at it, lost in thought and perhaps clueless on what to say and do. "What is next, raiden? Tell me the future!!! How do we honour their sacrifice?!" He yelled, standing up and approaching the thunder god aggressively, but Spiderman got between the 2.

"Liu kang, don't." Spiderman said, pushing the shaolin back lightly. Liu kang resisted but took a breath and stepped back.

"I climbed to heaven, now I must plunge into the depths." Raiden solemnly said, placing his amulet back on his chest. "I will go to quan chi. Ally, our realm with his against the forces of outworld." The thunder god said, and as expected, neither spiderman, liu kang, or the spider clones were happy about it.

"What?!" The spider trio and shaolin yelled.

(Omniverses)

"What?!" Everyone yelled.

(Mortal kombat universe)

"Grovel?! Before quan chi?!" The chosen one questioned, feeling outraged.

"I'm with liu kang on this! You can't be serious, raiden!!! The man will stab you and everyone in the back the second he gets the chance." Spiderman said, mentally wondering why raiden would ever suggest such a thing.

"What will he demand?! What price will be paid?!" Liu kang continued to question, getting angrier and angrier every second he repeats what raiden said to them in his head over and over.

'Probably me.' Spidey mentally thought, remembering quan chi trying to capture him before Ben intervened.

(Omniverses)

'If he takes you, I'll find a way to that omniverse, kill that pale fuck and drag you out alive and kill anyone who gets in my way.' The sister of Peter Parker thought, a subtle rise of anger at the mental image of a beaten and chained spiderman being dragged away.