Chapter 49: Attempted Coup.

A/N: I apologise for any spelling mistakes I make.

A/N: Question to you all. In the last chapter, I asked your thoughts on the updated Spiderman suit in Marvel rivals, and most said they liked it. That being said, the question is this, should spiderman in this story:

Wear the Marvel rivals suit?

Or

Stick with the classic red and blue look?

A/N: Let me know your answers. With that out of the way, let's begin.

3rd POV: In the Marvel omniverse, Ms Marvel (EMH and TAS) stared at their 616 counterpart in silence before an angry frown appeared on her face. So their counterpart was captured by the skrulls? When? Where and how and for how long was she missing in action? Days? Weeks? Months? Maybe even years? What did the skrull impersonating her do in their place? They almost didn't want to find out.

Meanwhile, everyone who was familiar with the kree hybrid and those outside of the Marvel omniverse was shocked (or elated in the case of some of her rogues gallery) to see the current predicament carol danvers was in, it made people ponder.

Was the skrulls only holding her prisoner to keep the skrull impersonating captain Marvel from having their cover blown?

Or was there something more at play?

Judging by the wires and cables hooked up to the avenger, most had a feeling that something nefarious was at play.

(Earth 616 - with the magical clone of Spiderman)

The magic clone was shocked to see the kree hybrid on board the skrull ship, and a thought came to his head, one that made him tense.

Did veranke order the capture of Carol? If so, why? Was the original Spiderman in danger?

A low groan snapped the copy out of his thoughts before he could delve any deeper, and his full attention was solely on the blonde in front of him.

Carol's eyes fluttered for a moment. A cough escaped her lips before she, with great difficulty, it seemed, opened her eyes and slowly looked at his mask face, blinking away the drowsiness before her eyes narrowed on the wallcrawler before she gave him a tired smile.

"Peter?" She asked, her voice coarse and scratchy. "Come to save me, huh?" She asked with a chuckle before she coughed a bit more. "Sorry if I took so long. I hope I haven't missed our wedding." She said with the same tired smile on her face, her eyes slowly fluttering as she struggled to stay awake.

The clone of Spiderman flinched at what she said.

Oh boy, this was not good. Not good indeed.

A/N: I know the whole marriage thing is most likely made up, but for the sake of this story, I've decided to make this a thing that was gonna happen.

(Omniverses)

Everyone took a pause at what the kree hybrid said. Many winced in sympathy whilst others just didn't give a damn.

Carol (TAS) sat laid in her hospital bed as she stared at the screen. Another version of her lost, however much time of her life, and she was going to be married as well? She could only hope that her 616 counterpart wasn't broken enough to break from the news of how long she was missing.

Meanwhile, with Ms. Marvel of the EMH universe, she ignored everyone who stared at her and Peter. Her counterpart was going to be married only to be taken away by the skrulls. A feeling of hopelessness overtook her. That could've been her, bound and unable to move, wasting away as the days went by, wondering if she would ever be free. She wondered if Cap felt like that? He didn't speak of his time being held captive, but if she had to guess, the man always held out hope and plotted for a way to free himself from the skrulls, and he did eventually.