Chapter 51: A moment of peace.... or is it?

A/N: I apologise for any spelling mistakes I make.

A/N: Question for you all. In injustice, why didn't Flash go back in time and stop Lois from being killed? Was it ever addressed? Please let me know.

3rd POV: In Earth 616, New yorkers flocked to a nearby harbour as Peter slowly descended from the skies, still holding the damaged skrull ships. The wallcraler managed to safely put them down near the harbour. The damages done to the vessels weren't below, so they weren't taking up any water. Once done, Peter released his hold on the ships, and the manifestation of psylocke faded away.

Peter breathed a sigh of relief before a spasm of pain shot through him, causing spidey to falter and almost lose control of the sphere containing himself and veranke.

'Better move us to solid ground.' The hero from Queens thought, manoeuvring the sphere to land and dispelling it. Right after he did that, Peter began to violently cough and drop to his knees, ripping his mask off and covering his mouth as he continued to cough. Veranke rushed over to him and knelt beside the wallcrawler, a hand on his back. After a few minutes, Peter managed to get control of his coughing and removed his hand from his mouth, and looked down on it to see it mostly covered in specks of blood. 'That's not a good sign.' He couldn't help but think.

(Omniverses)

Many frowned at the blood on Spiderman's hand, most likely from a power increase from the Web of life when he held the skrull ships.

"He needs to find another way of handling things without that power." Chun Li spoke aloud.

"Or train himself in using it in increased dosages." Cammy offered a solution.

"Think kang will even give him a chance to do that?" The interpol agent asked.

"....probably not, no." Cammy responded.

Meanwhile, homelander scoffed at the state of Spiderman.

"Seriously? Why are we even watching this guy? I mean, sure, he did a good job in that one world with all the cyborgs, ninjas, and sorcerers, but I could've done a better job." He said outloud to the members of the seven whilst chuckling and leaning back in his chair. 'This kang should really get me in there, I can show the omniverses what a real hero is like.' He internally thought.

(Earth 616 - mini timeskip)

Barricades we're erected across the harbour as S.H.I.E.L.D personnel were keeping the crowd at bay and making sure no one got through with Teresa coordinating with multiple groups of S.H.I.E.L.D agents who were escorting the captured camouflaged skrulls and escorting them to the harbour where they would be given back to the skrulls who would in turn release the captured humans on board their ships where they are to be debriefed and slowly brought back into society. Tents were already set up, and the process was going at a slow and steady pace. The new director of S.H.I.E.L.D was also deploying her people around the globe to round up the hidden skrulls and bring them to New York, silently hoping the transition would be a smooth one with no mishaps.

Peter, after recovering from his brief spasm and coughing fit, was being looked over by psylocke, making sure his mental binds were holding strong whilst storm was checking him over physically. Sonya Blade was assisting Teresa in coordinating with S.H.I.E.L.D agents around the globe and arranging transportation for the captured skrulls after checking up on the wallcrawler, liu kang, Echo, kung Lao and Yelena were busy escorting the prisoners to the skrull ships and leading the captured humans to the tents where they were to be checked over and identified whilst kitana, mileena, Jade, Skarlet, Tanya, Sindel and Sheeva were hanging around Peter, almost acting like guards for him and lastly, veranke was speaking to her people, watching over them and making sure no one tried anything.